Instant Pot Hot Chocolate with Chocolate Chips is a cinch to make & it is the BEST homemade hot Chocolate you’ll ever make. Decadent, rich, intense, chocolatey, this recipe requires absolutely no baby sitting at all! It’s time to ditch those processed single serving hot chocolate packets.
Browse an amazing collection of easy Instant Pot Recipes from Foodies Terminal.
Table Of Contents
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate with Chocolate Chips
If you love to curl up with your favorite mug of hot chocolate during the cold winter months than you will love today’s easy Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe with chocolate chips.
This dump and go IP hot chocolate is extremely rich, decadent and so chocolatey.
What not to love about an easy hot chocolate recipe that involves zero baby sitting right? And when you can tweak it according to your palate it’s all the way more enjoyable 🙂
Dump everything in the Instant Pot, pressure cook for just 1 minute, whisk and serve with your favorite garnishes.
For that best decadent and richer taste use whole milk and sneak in some half and half . You can totally skip using sugar or even swap it with honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar.
Healthy Instant Pot Hot Chocolate is possible too, swap the dairy milk with non dairy choices like almond milk or coconut milk.
And don’t forget to top your creamy hot chocolate recipe with marshmallows and whipped cream.
Best Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Milk: We love whole milk because we prefer a richer hot chocolate. However, you may use 1% or 2% milk or any non dairy milk like almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk.
- Half and Half: This is one ingredient that’ll make your homemade hot chocolate recipe creamy, rich & decadent. For a lighter version of chocolate swap half and half with equal amount of water.
- Chocolate Chips: Semi Sweet chocolate chips works the best. They are not overly sweet and contains a good percentage of cocoa. You can even replace the chocolate chips with a dark chocolate bar that contains 60% cocoa or good quality dark chocolate slabs. Chop them fine before adding them to the milk.
- Sugar: You may skip it totally or even swap it with maple syrup, honey, cane sugar, palm sugar or coconut sugar.
- Cocoa Powder. Use your favorite brand.
What’s the difference between Hot Cocoa and Hot Chocolate?
The difference between Hot Cocoa and Hot Chocolate lies in the ingredients, consistency and taste. Hot Cocoa is made by mixing cocoa powder, with milk and sugar whereas Hot Chocolate is made by mixing real chocolate & cocoa powder with milk.
Hot Cocoa is thinner, lighter on the palate and sweeter as compared to Hot Chocolate which is way more richer, creamier, chocolatey and less sweet.
How to make easy Instant Pot Hot Chocolate?
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to make Instant Pot Hot Chocolate with Chocolate Chips?
- Dump the ingredients in the inner pot
Pour the liquids and add the chocolate chips along with the cocoa powder in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and give a good mix.
- Pressure Cook
Close the lid of the Pot and pressure cook on HIGH for just 1 min followed by a natural pressure release for 10 mins.
- Whisk and serve
Open the lid, whisk to blend in the chocolate chips very well. Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Try these recipes from Foodies Terminal.
Instant Pot Hot ChocolatePrint Recipe Pin Rate
- Add all the milk, half and half, chocolate chips, cocoa powder and sugar to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Give everything a good mix.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot. Seal the valve and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for just 1 minute. Wait for natural pressure release (NPR) for 10 mins than release the rest of the pressure manually. Open the lid of the IP.
- Whisk everything very well to form a smooth, silky and ultra rich Hot Chocolate. Pour in cups or mugs and enjoy with your favorite toppings. Read NOTES below for ideas.
- Measuring Units used, 1 cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Instant Pot used = 3 quart LUXE
- IMPORTANT: Todays Instant Pot Hot Chocolate with chocolate chips is rich, decadent, intense and a creamy hot chocolate recipe. If you prefer thinner hot chocolate adjust the consistency by adding 1/2 to 1 cup more milk or water to the recipe. Adjust the sweetness too.
- White Sugar alternatives: Cane sugar, palm sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste preference.
- Whole Milk alternatives: 1% or 2% milk, almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips alternatives: Semi sweet dark chocolate bar or chunks, any good quality dark chocolate consisting of atleast 70% cocoa.
- Can I use Milk Chocolate Chips? Yes, you can. In that case skip adding the sugar.
- Flavoring choices: Brandy, orange rind, orange zest, mint patty.
- Topping Choices: Scoops of Whipped Cream, Miniature marshmallows, torched marshmallows.
- Garnish Choices: Crushed candy canes, crushed peppermint candies, sprinkle of cocoa powder, shaved or grated chocolate, salted caramel sauce, chocolate sauce.
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolae for a crowd: If you want to double the recipe I would suggest a larger Instant Pot 6 or 8 quart. This recipe is easy to double and make for a crowd.
- Dairy Free Hot Chocolate Recipe or Vegan Hot Chocolate recipe: Swap the dairy milk with any non dairy milk of your choice like almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk. Replace the half and half with non dairy milk and use non dairy chocolate chips.
- Healthy Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Idea: Swap the whole milk with 1% or 2 % milk or any non dairy milk of your choice. Skip adding the sugar totally or replace it with maple syrup or honey according to your likings.