The chocolate almond butter bars are notoriously delicious and I am completely addicted to them. After making them I popped a total 5 in a single day! Does that happen to you too, whenever you make something so delicious and healthy you continuously graze on them and completely forget the numbers? It’s Okay! No shushing required here because these almond butter bars are nutrient-rich and devoid of the “not so good stuff”! How wonderful does that sound – an indulgence that lacks count or rather do not need any count at all. The chocolate almond butter bars are packed with nutrients, protein-rich, free of sugar, butter, eggs and all-purpose flour. They are packed with all the good stuff and is super delicious. If you love nut butter and chocolate I am sure in no time you will start loving them.
The process to make these cute bars is very simple, no baking required. If you have all the ingredients handy you can make them in less than 30 minutes time. I love to make them while fixing our lunch or dinner. It’s an easy process sans any complicated steps at all. The almond butter bars only need some time to set beautifully in the refrigerator. That’s all they need! So, there’s a short window of wait in between the making time and the eating time! The best suggestion is to Calm down and wait because you will be rewarded back with so much yumminess. I know this is the most difficult part and I myself get insanely impatient! The moment I pop them in the refrigerator I continuously poke my finger every 5 minutes to check on them whether they have set beautifully. I know I know I am sounding gluttonous, but I am not, It’s not my fault, it’s the bars that are so tempting and smells so delicious.
These little bars are soft, not overwhelmingly sweet and very almond buttery. They have coconut flour and a bit of desiccated coconut as the base. With the first bite, your taste buds will be flooded with a mild and aromatic coconutty flavor and a creamy note of almond butter. I love the way the almond butter shines in this recipe. The dark chocolate layer mixed with almond butter is so creamy and soft that it absolutely melts in the mouth. These chocolate almond butter bars are a total bliss.
I eat them as my breakfast, snack on them and indulge in them after dinner too. This is why you should make these cute chocolaty almond butter bars :
2. Paleo friendly.
3. No Gluten.
4. No butter.
5. No sugar.
6. No eggs.
7. Packed with nutrients.
8. No baking required.
9. Super quick and easy to make.
10. Delicious to the power infinity.
Let’s make them…
Chocolate Almond Butter Bars - Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegan, No Butter, No eggs, No Sugar, No Bake Bars
FOR THE BASE:
- 1 - 1/3 Cups + 2 tablespoons almond butter.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour.
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER :
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup almond butter.
- 1. In a clean dry bowl measure and take the almond butter, the coconut flour, the desiccated coconut and the maple syrup.2. Whisk everything until it is thickened and fully incorporated. There should be no lumps at all.3. Line an 8"x8" baking tray with parchment paper.4. Gently distribute the mixture evenly on the tray with the help of a spatula and set aside.5. On a double broiler melt the chocolate and the rest of the almond butter stirring every 10 seconds.6. Mix until silky and smooth.7. Pour the chocolate mixture on the almond-coconut flour base and smooth it out with the help of a spatula.8. Pop it in the refrigerator and allow it to set for at least 2 hours or until the chocolate layer firms up completely.Enjoy!