A few days back I was going through our monthly budget and guess what I was stunned and a bit upset by looking at the almond butter’s contribution to it! We enjoy almond butter so much and it’s one of our most favorite nut butter. No, we are not vegans if you are thinking so, neither are we on a special diet, we are big time foodies and so as you know foodies enjoy everything delicious under the sun. My bakes include almond butter a lot of times and so do our breakfast bread! Here are the most amazing Almond butter bars I made a few days back using almond butter. Even my 4 years old son relishes the nutty and aromatic taste of the super silky Almond butter. Lucky Mom 🙂
Needless to say that almond butter is very expensive, to deflate the monthly amount and to try out something delicious and new at my kitchen was overwhelming! The results were exhaustive yet very fascinating! I say exhaustive because I don’t own a food processor or a Vitamix. I just own Ninja, which we regularly use for smoothies and juices. It took me a long time to convince my almond nuts to attain the buttery state. I thought I had an adamant bunch of nuts but it was my Ninja baby that was not powerful enough! But if you own a food processor or a Vitamix it should be a breeze. You will need only 2 main ingredients for your Almond butter recipe – Patience & Time – I know I know you thought the ingredients to be something else, Lol!
If you are a fan of nut butter especially like almond butter and cashew butter and you don’t want your monthly budget to soar high than you may consider this fantastic Almond butter recipe. Why you should try to make your own Almond butter recipe at home? Here’s why :
1. You will have the liberty in the whole wide world to choose the best organic Almonds for your Home-made almond butter recipe.
2. You know what ingredients go in your Almond butter.
3. It’s economical as compared to their store-bought counterparts ( a single jar of almond butter costs $10 in your regular health food store). Now, that’s expensive!
4. As it is monthly bill friendly you can use it extensively and relish it every time without getting stressed!
5.Last but not the least it tastes heavenly!
Today I will share some wonderful tips and tricks that I picked up along my way so that you can have the best tasting almond butter jar in the whole wide world! It’s a simple procedure that requires only 1 main ingredient that is good quality Almonds. I chose to traverse the organic route but you may choose whatever pleases you and your pocket. I love my nut butter to be mildly sweet, hence I naturally sweetened it with organic maple syrup, you may add honey instead of maple syrup or you may also completely skip this step if you want to relish your home-made almond butter as is. It will still taste the best!
Let’s guide you through the step by step method of the DIY almond butter recipe. The Trick is to ROAST your almond nuts. I did it in a skillet, you may roast them in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. This makes the nuts to attain the buttery state quickly because the oil oozes out easily from the nuts and also imparts the almond butter an amazing aroma. It’s very important to allow them to cool down a bit because you don’t want to put hot nuts in your plastic jar of the food processor/blender.
As you start grinding the nuts, the almond nuts will quickly become crumbly and will resemble almond meal first and then almond flour. You need to open the jar and wipe down the sides clean with a spatula and grind it back again! Be prepared to do this frequently because the almond nuts will quickly start to come together and form into a ball, it will indefinitely stick to the walls of the jar! But don’t fret this is how it should be, and very soon the oil will ooze out from the nuts and your dream will come true, your patience will pay off and you will end up with an amazing jar of creamy almond butter. Little patience and grind grind grind…..don’t lose heart because the end of the tunnel is very rewarding – the yummy creamy home-made almond butter! This DIY almond butter recipe yields amazing snacks, desserts, and bakes like these CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER BARS!
If you own a powerful food processor it should take you 15 minutes and if you own the magic Vitamix than your almond butter should come together in a jiffy in less than 4 minutes! But I accumulated all my patience into this beautiful jar of almond butter and kept on grinding for about 45 minutes because all I have is a Ninja blender, it’s not powerful enough to extract the oil from the nuts quickly. But my efforts paid off, look at that gorgeous color and texture, ain’t it all you want in a jar full of creamy dreamy almond butter? Though it took a bit longer who cares, I was sitting ducks at home and this is the proof of my time best utilized, eh!
Btw dear readers I am learning photography from hubbs & books and experimenting with all kinds of lenses that hubbs own, he is a hobby photographer…still a long way to go, these clicks are shot with a new lens, so heavy, sometimes I lose balance…Lol! Hope you enjoy both my clicks and the DIY almond butter recipe.
Here’s how to make Almond butter –
*1 cup organic almond nuts.
*2 tablespoons organic maple syrup (optional)
*A pinch of kosher salt (optional)
*Heat a skillet on medium flame and dry roast the almond nuts until a nice soft roasted aroma comes out and they look browner or preheat your oven at 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place your almond nuts and roast them for 10-15 minutes.
*Allow them to cool.
*Put them in a jar of the food processor, blender or Vitamix and grind at full speed.
*Scrape the sides of the jar with a rubber spatula and keep on grinding until the mixture comes together and transforms into a ball.
*At this stage add the maple syrup and the salt.
*Keep on grinding until the creamy buttery state is attained.
*Store in a clean and dry airtight jar.
How To Make Almond Butter | Vegan + Paleo
- 1 cup organic almond nuts.
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup (optional)
- A pinch of kosher salt (optional)
- 1. Heat a skillet on medium flame and dry roast the almond nuts until a nice soft roasted aroma comes out and they look browner or preheat your oven at 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place your almond nuts and roast them for 10-15 minutes.2. Allow them to cool.3. Put them in a jar of the food processor, blender or Vitamix and grind at full speed.4. Scrape the sides of the jar with a rubber spatula and keep on grinding until the mixture comes together and transforms into a ball.5. At this stage add the maple syrup and the salt.6. Keep on grinding until the creamy buttery state is attained.7. Store in a clean and dry airtight jar.Enjoy
- You must roast the almond nuts thoroughly. Skipping this step will completely ruin your almond butter.
- Roasting the almonds makes it easier to grind, attain the creamy buttery state and helps the nut oil to ooze out faster.
- Roasted nuts always gives that nutty and delectable taste to the almond butter.
- Always scrape the sides of your blender jar in-between several grinds. This will lead to a uniformly ground nut butter.