- 2 Cups all purpose flour (Maida) or 241g flour.
- 2 cups white granulated sugar or 397g sugar.
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 4 large eggs at room temperature.
- 1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil or 67g oil.
- 1 cup whole milk or 227g milk.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 57g butter.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
1. Pre-heat your oven at 325 degrees F and grease and line a 9"x13" cake pan that is at least 2" deep or three 6" pans. Keep them ready.2. Start by beating the eggs and the sugar together until light, fluffy and pale.3. Gently pour the canola oil and beat at a slow speed until fully incorporated.4. In the meantime sieve the all purpose flour in a clean dry bowl.5. Mix the salt and the baking powder, give them a good whisk and keep all the dry ingredients ready.6. Next, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the milk and the unsalted butter and bring it to boil. 7. Switch off the flame and add the vanilla extract.8. Next Gently add the flour to the eggs and sugar mixture in three parts and gently fold with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated. Do not overmix, your cake will become dense.9. Next, pour the hot milk and butter liquid to the cake batter and gently mix with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated.10. The batter will be runny. (refer to the picture)11. Pour them in the pans and bake for 35 to 40 mins depending on your oven.12. Do a toothpick test and if it comes out clean take out your cake pans and place them on a wire rack. Allow them cool.13. Invert the pans and gently take out the cakes and peel off the parchment paper.Enjoy!