- 2 pounds raw peanuts with hulls
- 1/3 cup Salt or 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning optional
- 1 tbsp Creole Seasoning optional
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder optional
- 2 dried red chilies optional
Begin by rinsing the whole raw peanuts very well.
Add the rinsed whole peanuts in the steel pot of the instant pot. Pour enough water to cover the peanuts.
Add salt and the other seasonings if using any like Cajun seasoning, creole seasoning, paprika and whole chilies. Give everything a good mix.
Cover the Instant Pot. Seal the Valve and pressure cook on HIGH for 90 minutes.
When the cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Wait for a complete natural pressure release and than open the lid of the pot.
Strain the boiled peanuts or lift them up with slotted soon and serve with chilled beer. Enjoy!
Calorific details are provided by a third party application and are to be used as indicative figures only.
- Measuring Units used, 1 Cup = 240 ml and 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- If you get fresh green peanuts you may cook them for 75-80 mins on HIGH followed by a 30 mins natural pressure release for a great boiled peanuts texture.
- 90 mins on HIGH pressure and 30 mins natural pressure release makes a batch of boiled peanuts with great texture using store bought raw peanuts. The boiled peanuts turn out tender with a bite. However, if you prefer softer boiled peanuts you may soak the raw peanuts over night in enough water before pressure cooking them.
- Raw Peanuts are not same as Green peanuts.
- Raw Peanuts: Uncooked Peanuts, dehydrated, available in regular grocery stores with labels "RAW", requires longer cooking time, may have to soak them overnight before boiling them.
- Green Peanuts: Freshly farmed, uncooked peanuts not dehydrated, they retain the moisture, they are more fresh, not readily available, seasonal and requires lesser cooking time as compared to raw peanuts. They are the best candidates for old fashioned Southern Style boiled peanuts.
- You may totally skip using all the seasonings and use only regular table salt.
- Enjoy the boiled peanuts with chilled beer.
- For extra spicy kick you may use a generous amount of red chili flakes.
- Discard the hulls and eat only the nuts.
Calories: 2623kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 120g | Fat: 227g | Saturated Fat: 35g | Sodium: 18970mg | Potassium: 3664mg | Fiber: 47g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6212IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 517mg | Iron: 20mg