- 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream.
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk.
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste.
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat, pour the condensed milk and vanilla extract, warm it up stirring continuously until fully incorporated. Do not boil.2. Set aside the condensed milk mixture and allow it to come to room temperature.3. Whip 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.4. Pour the whipping cream slowly on the condensed milk mixture.5. Gently fold the whipped cream and condensed milk mixture. Be careful not to knock down the air from the whipped cream.6. Pour this mixture into the container where you will be setting your ice-cream. I set it in a 9″ loaf pan.7. Cover and freeze for 8-10 hours or until set.8. Scoop and enjoy as is or with your favorite chocolate sauce or even some confetti.
- Do not boil the condensed milk and the vanilla extract, just warm it up.
- The whipping cream must be completely chilled.
- Chill the bowl and the beater used to whip the cream, this will ensure wonderful voluminous peaks. You will achieve maximum volume this way.
- Chill the container that you will use to set your ice-cream, your ice-cream will set more effectively in chilled containers.
- Always cover the container to avoid annoying surface ice crystals.
- Gently fold the whipped cream, do not knock out the air.