- 98 gms or 1 cup Almond Flour
- 45 gms or 3 tablespoons butter ( room temperature).
- 23 gms or 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar.
- A pinch of kosher salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. (optional)
FOR THE CHOCOLATE DIP:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate.(optional)
- Tiny pieces of chopped almonds. (optional)
1. Take a clean bowl, mix the almond flour, the confectioners sugar & the salt and whisk them together.2. Next add the butter at room temperature and the vanilla extract. Mix with a spatula or with hand.3. Mix until all the ingredients come together to form a dough.4. Scoop one teaspoon of the dough, roll it between your palms and gently flatten with hands.5. Place it on the parchment lined baking sheet.6. Make the cross-hatch design with the help of a fork if you want some design on your cookies or you may leave them without any design at all. the choice is yours.7. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees F.8. Bake the cookies for 8-10 mins or until slightly golden on the top.9. Take them out and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes on the cookie sheet itself before moving them to the cooling rack.10. Be careful when hot they may crumble if you touch them. They are very fragile when hot.11. Prepare the chocolate sauce in the double broiler method.12. Heat a saucepan with 1 cup water over a medium flame.13. When the water starts to boil place a heatproof bowl on the saucepan.14. Place the chocolate chips in the heatproof bowl.15. Stir them continuously until the chocolate melts into a silky sauce.16. Dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate sauce, scrape the excess from the sides with the help of a knife.17. Place them on a parchment sheet.18. Drizzle some tiny chopped almonds on the top of the chocolate dipped almond flour cookies.Enjoy!
- They are very fragile when hot, don't try to transfer them to the cooling rack immediately, they will definitely crumble and fall apart.
- Allow them to cool at least 2-3 mins and then transfer them immediately, if transferred later they will become soggy pretty fast from the moisture underneath.
- Almond flour baked goodies absorbs moisture instantly, so once the cookies are completely cold, transfer them in an airtight jar immediately.
- If left at room temperature they will become soft and lose all the crunch.
*If you want extra crisp cookies try to make them thin.
- The baking time may vary according to your oven. So, trust your instinct and set the baking time accordingly.