The Quick Prawn & Leek stir fry under 30 mins is a delicious blessing when time and mood is a constraint. The leeks magically transform the simple base of the recipe into an extraordinary play of taste and flavor.
There are certainly a few days in my life when I want a quick & super tasty meal under 30 mins! Some sad days, some bad days, some sick days, some busy days all of them holler for a fast meal that holds the potential to erase the gray parts from those days! Do you agree with me dear readers, I bet you do! Those are the days when you will instantly fall in love with my Quick Prawn and Leek stir fry under 30 mins! It’s a…..
*cooked under 30 mins.
*Goodness of leeks in every bite.
*Fuss free recipe.
Quick and satisfying one-pot meals are big-time blessings, they get ready in a jiffy and satisfy and nourish both your mind and body! How wonderful does that sound!
Well well well now that I got some time to sneak in my reasons of sudden disappearance or my blog being silent for a long 2 months…yes I do owe you an explanation because you are the best bunch of people whom I have come across and we share the same love – the love for food! Our lives ( Me + hubbs) took a sharp turn, we had an untimely death in our family..yes suddenly I lost my dad-in-law, we immediately left for India and took time to cope up with the loss and figure things out! Now, that I am back my 5 years old just started his official school life and his very first too, he is a Kindergartener! An excitement that’s hard to control and gives immense reasons to celebrate, don’t ask me about my routine though I am still trying to cope up with my new routined life that revolves around my son’s new school schedule. So that’s that, I missed sharing the joy of new or old school recipes, I missed replying back to your wonderful comments, I missed this tiny space and I missed you all. Hope to bring in many new recipes sooner and hope to warm up this tiny place all over again! So let’s get cooking eh….
I developed this wonderfully tasty Quick Prawn & Leek stir fry under 30 mins in one such beautiful evening when my prawn crazy soul was deliberately yearning for a super fast prawn recipe that could be churned up at lightenings pace. Of course, I was busy enough to spend a lot of time in my kitchen that day, thanks to that I developed this awesomeness altogether from scratch!
Well, I truly admit that leeks are not used in my kitchen quite often, we seldom use it and when need be, it’s not that we don’t like it but in an Indian kitchen I never grew up eating or seeing this vegetable at all! I was very curious to use leeks and to my utter surprise, this broad-leafed green veggie surprised me with its mild flavor, it tastes somewhat similar to a mild onion and completely transforms a recipe and takes it to that extra level of awesomeness! Once you try out this recipe you will completely understand what exactly I mean to say:) The green leafy part of leeks is generally discarded as they are tough and fibrous or sometimes used to prepare and boost the flavor of any vegetable stock. I have used the white portion of leek just above the roots and also the tender light green parts for this recipe.
Today’s Quick Prawn & Leek stir fry under 30 mins is cooked with a few ingredients and believe me, dear readers, its taste is authentically unsurpassed. Yes, a stir-fry so simple can be hearty and delicious sometimes! I am so thankful to myself that I tried and used leeks with prawns, they definitely are the best combination ever. So. let’s see How to make Prawn & Leek stir fry.
If you happen to love prawns/shrimps as much as we do then do check out my other easy prawns/shrimps recipes :
*Goan Prawn Curry or Prawn Ambot Tik!
Quick Prawn & Leek Stir Fry Under 30 Mins!Print Recipe Pin Rate
- 400 gms raw, de-shelled and deveined frozen or fresh Prawns.
- 2 cups finely chopped leeks.
- 2 shallots.
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped.
- ½ inch ginger finely chopped.
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil.
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Fresh Basil leaves for garnish.
- 1. Heat 3 tablespoons canola oil in your favorite pan. Release the chopped shallots gently and saute for 2 mins. Next, add the chopped garlic and chopped ginger and saute for 3 mins.2. Now add the chopped leeks, salt, turmeric, and chili powder saute and cover & cook for 5 mins.3. Next, add the deshelled and deveined prawns stir until the prawns are coated well with the base of the stir fry than cover and cook for 5 mins or until done. Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves.Enjoy!
- Chopping the leeks finely is the key to this magical tasting recipe.
- The lovely hue of the stir fry is due to the use of turmeric powder and chili powder. Please note that both are used in moderation.
- This stir-fry is very versatile and it goes wonderfully well with steaming hot Basmati rice and whole wheat tortillas!
PIN IT FOR LATER!