Instant Pot Blueberry Jam is the best pressure cooker jam you’ll make without pectine. You’ll need only 3 ingredients to make this extremely easy Blueberry Jam in Instant Pot. It’s thick, luscious, sweet and incredibly fresh tasting.
Table Of Contents
Blueberry Jam in Instant Pot
If you love blueberries and Jam just like us than don’t miss this super easy pressure cooker blueberry jam recipe ever!
And check out this awesome easy peasy Strawberry Chutney (Strawberry relish) also made in Instant Pot. It’s all spiced up and a bit zingy. So, So good!
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam is insanely easy, get’s ready quickly and stores well in the fridge.
Pantry staples is exactly what you need to make it.
My Berry Jam is also Pectin free, preservatives free!
Oh yes! guess what you can also make Sugar free blueberry jam in your Instant Pot.
Just use honey as your natural sweetener and you’ll be all set.
So, that being said let’s make this fabulous, luscious, thick blueberry jam in Instant Pot.
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements way below the post on the “Recipe Card“. The list below is just a reference.
- Fresh Blueberries: Organic berries are what we prefer. But, you can use whatever you have handy.
- White Sugar: You can use cane sugar as well or honey to make a pot of sugar free blueberry jam.
- Lemon Juice.
- Cornstarch: Used as a thickener and totally an optional ingredient. If you love thick jams use it otherwise skip.
Tips & Tricks
- Toss the blueberries in sugar and lemon juice: This will release the natural juices from the berries and provide enough moisture necessary for pressure cooking them.
- Simmer the Jam until thickened: Once the pressure cooking cycle is over simmer down the Jam on low heat until it reaches your desired consistency. We prefer thick jams and so we simmer it a little longer.
- For Sugar Free Blueberry Jam: Use Honey instead of sugar. Read NOTES way below in the recipe card.
- Cornstarch slurry: An amazing thickener which you can use to achieve the store bought jam consistency. It’s an optional ingredient.
- Store the jam in moisture free air tight containers for best results.
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements way below the post on the “Recipe Card“.
Step #1 Coat the Blueberries with sugar & lemon juice
Begin by rinsing the blueberries very well under running tap water.
In case of un organic blueberries I generally leave them in 1/2 gallon water mixed with 1/2 cups vinegar for 30 mins. Rinse them and than use them.
This helps to strip off the pesticides & harmful chemicals.
Mix the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice + water solution and leave them for 5 mins.
After 10 mins you’ll notice that the berries will begin secreting their own juices. The mixture will have enough moisture required for pressure cooking.
Step #2 Pressure Cook
PRESSURE COOK the berries on HIGH for 3 mins followed by a QUICK RELEASE (QPR).
Open the lid and you will end up with cooked berries and lots of berry liquid 😀 It will look something like the above photo.
Don’t worry the jammy jam is just a few minutes simmer away 😛
Step #3 Simmer Jam to thicken
Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE function and keep it on LOW.
Simmer the Jam until it gels and thickens. It took me 15 mins to reach the above thick jam consistency.
We love thicker jams.
However, you can simmer it little less and make it less thick.
You can even add a quick corn starch slurry to thicken it fast.
The consistency of jams is totally a personal preference. Keep it the way you want 🙂
Step #4 Store in air tight container
Turn off the Instant Pot and cool down the jam.
Once cold, transfer it to moisture free air tight glass containers and store it in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
Always use a moisture free clean spoon to scoop the jam otherwise it will spoil fast.
The Instant Pot Blueberry Jam will last for 2-3 weeks in the fridge when stored in moisture free airtight containers like Mason Jars.
More Instant Pot Jams
Instant Pot Blueberry JamPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- Rinse the Blueberries and throw them in the steel pot of the Instant Pot. Add sugar and the lemon juice + water mixture. Give everything a good stir and allow the berries to rest for 5 mins. DO NOT turn on the Instant Pot.
- After 5 mins you'll notice that the berries will begin release to its juices and you will have enough moisture to begin pressure cooking.
- Now, put the lid of the Instant Pot and seal the valve by moving it manually to the SEALING position.
- Push the PRESSURE COOK button and set it on HIGH for just 3 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooking cycle is over do a QUICK PRESSURE RELEASE (QPR) by moving the valve from the SEALING to the VENTING position.
- Once, the metal pin on the lid drops open the lid carefully and CANCEL the PRESSURE COOK function. You'll end up with cooked berries in a lot of berry juices.
- Now, set the Instant pot on SAUTE function and keep it on LOW heat settings. Simmer the Jam stirring from time to time until the Jam thickens or reaches the desired consistency that you prefer. We love thick jams so we simmered it for approximately 10 mins.
- If you want to thicken the Jam fast you can do so by adding corn starch slurry. I've not added any cornstarch. Read NOTES below for more details.
- Once, the blueberry jam thickens turn off the Instant Pot and allow the jam to cool down completely. You can quicken the cooling process by bringing out the steel pot of the Instant Pot and keeping it on the counter top.
- When the jam has cooled down completely store it in an airtight moisture free mason jar.
- Measuring Units used, 1 cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- How to thicken the Blueberry Jam fast? You can do so by adding a quick cornstarch slurry. For today’s recipe add 1.5 tsp cornstarch with 3 tsp water and add this to the jam. Simmer and thicken it. Today’s recipe contains no cornstarch.
- Sugar free Blueberry Jam: You can replace the white sugar from today’s recipe with 1/2 cup honey (can add little more too). The recipe remains the same.
- Storing Tips: The Blueberry Jam lasts for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator when stored in moisture free air tight mason jars.
- Always use a moisture free spoon to scoop out the Jam every single time.