Instant Pot Ramen Stir Fry made with Maruchan Ramen noodles, chicken, lots of crisp tender veggies and a yummy sauce! Make this easy weeknight dinner to satisfy all your ramen cravings. The Best Chicken Ramen Stir Fry ever!
Chicken Ramen Stir Fry
Check out this P.F. Chang Copycat Authentic Chicken Lo Mein Recipe made on the stove-top.
You'll not go back to take-out Asian Lo mein again - guaranteed!
Today's Instant Pot Ramen Stir Fry is also on the similar lines.
Perfectly cooked al dente Ramen loaded with veggies and juicy bite size chicken.
Though we love our share of brothy ramen yet this easy ramen noodle stir fry is our ultimate favorite.
So yum, so good in every way and the killer home-made sauce at the end is what makes this Ramen noodle stir fry one of it's kind 😉
An easy dinner fix for all your Ramen Cravings.
Kids love it.
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements way below the post on the "Recipe Card". The list below is just a reference.
- Ramen Noodles: I used Maruchan Noodles. You can use Top Ramen as well. I have not tried the recipe with any other ramen variety or brands. So, do stick to these two brands as cooking time and consistency might vary.
- Veggies: Bell Pepper, Carrots and scallions.
- Soy Sauces.
- Sesame oil: Adds a good punch of nutty flavor. I will highly recommend adding it to the finished dish. However, do not cook the whole recipe in sesame oil as it will make the chicken ramen stir fry overwhelming.
- Any neutral oil.
- Liquid: Use either water or chicken broth.
Ramen Noodle Stir Fry - Tips
- Do not over stuff the Instant Pot with ramen blocks. Over crowding will result in unevenly cooked ramen noodles.
- 2 packets Maruchan or Top Ramen = 1 cup liquid. Use either normal water or your favorite broth.
- Fluff the cooked ramen gently with the help of a fork. This step is a must, it helps to loosen the ramen noodles and makes them fluffy and non sticky.
- Once the cooking cycle is over, immediately do a quick pressure release for preventing over cooked mushy ramen.
- Immediately bring out the steel pot of the Instant Pot from the machine base and keep it on the counter top. This will prevent the ramen from getting over cooked with the residual heat.
- Do not skip the soy sauces. They add tons of flavor to the dish and makes it incredibly delicious. Just like your favorite take-out noodles.
- You can also add extra veggies like cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli florets. Add them along with the rest of the veggies. I cook my Chicken Ramen Stir fry with whatever veggies I have in my fridge.
- The toasty, nutty sesame oil is that one spectacular ingredient for this ramen noodle stir fry that totally uplifts the recipe. Highly recommended.
**Steps in words below photos.
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements way below the post on the "Recipe Card".
Step #1 Saute the Chicken
Lightly coat the cubed chicken with light soy sauce or tamari and saute on NORMAL settings in your Instant Pot kept on SAUTE.
When the cubed chicken turns opaque from all sides stop the process and proceed to the next step.
We want to build flavors in the chicken and that's why the sauteing. However, you can directly dump everything in the pot and cook.
Step #2 Add Veggies & Liquid
Dump the veggies and give everything a quick stir for about 30 seconds.
Add the liquid, I added normal water. You can add chicken broth to elevate the taste.
De-glaze the pot very well so that there are absolutely no bits and crumbs stuck at the bottom of the steel pot.
This is to avoid the BURN alert!
Step #3 Coat Ramen in liquid
Roughly snap the ramen noodles into smaller pieces, refer the picture above.
Add them to the pot and give everything a good mix so that all the ramen get a light coat with the moisture.
As you do this keep on pressing the ramen noodles lightly with your spatula.
Do NOT avoid this particular step. This will result in perfectly cooked ramen.
Step #4 Pressure cook
CANCEL the SAUTE function and pressure cook on HIGH for just one minutes followed by a quick pressure release (QPR).
Open the lid carefully.
You'll see the top layer of ramen still clumped up.
Don't worry they are all cooked all you need to do is just fluff them up with a fork to detangle them.
Some of the ramen edges might be slightly undercooked.
But, they'll quickly cook with the residual heat as you add the sauces and fluff the noodles.
Do not pressure cook them again!
Step #5 Fluff ramen with fork to detangle
Add the sauces and the sesame oil. Gently mix them with the cooked noodles.
Fluff the noodles gently with the help of a fork. This will help de-tangle the cooked noodles and make the strands separate from each other.
They will become fluffy and very noodle like 😀
Once the sauce is all mixed up and you are done de-tangling the noodles bring out the steel insert of the instant pot and keep it on the counter top.
This will prevent the ramen from getting over cooked with the trapped heat from the machine base of the instant pot.
Allow the ramen to rest for 5 mins.
This will allow the noodles to well absorb the flavors from the sauce.
Mix in the chopped green onion (the green part) and serve.
Fridge: This Instant Pot Chicken Ramen Stir Fry lasts for 5 days in the fridge when stored in a moisture free air tight container.
Freezer: Freezes for upto 2 months. The veggies turn limp when you re-heat and serve the thawed dish.
Chicken Ramen Stir Fry is a complete meal as such that is perfect for a quick dinner, brunch or an post activity snack for kids.
It's loaded with veggies and protein so all you need to serve it is chili garlic sauce for a little kick.
Check out these Asian Take-out Recipes:
Instant Pot Ramen Stir FryPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- ½ medium green bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 strands scallion or green onion roughly chopped (white part & green part separated)
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce or tamari
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE and keep it on NORMAL. Add oil.
- In the meantime coat the cubed chicken pieces with 1 tbsp light soy sauce or Tamari.
- When the oil becomes moderately hot gently release the cubed chicken pieces and saute them until opaque from all sides. It should take you about 2 minutes.
- Add the veggies and give everything a good stir.
- CANCEL the SAUTE function. Pour the water or chicken broth and de-glaze the pot very well so that there are absolutely no bits and crumbs stuck at the bottom of the pot.
- Snap the ramen blocks into small pieces (refer the step by step pictures above) discard the flavor packets.
- Add the broken ramen into the Instant Pot and give everything a good mix. Ensure that all the ramen pieces get a good coat of liquid. Do this by gently pressing the ramen with your spatula, turn them and press them. Repeat the process. They do not have to be submerged in the liquid, just a good coat should be fine.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot. PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 1 minute.
- When the pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Immediately do a QUICK PRESSURE RELEASE (QPR) by moving the valve from the SEALING to the VENTING position. Open the lid carefully.
- Turn off the Instant Pot. Add the soy sauce and the sesame oil and immediately fluff the ramen noodles with the help of a fork. Do not rush do it gently. This will help to de-tangle the noodles and also help to coat the noodles with the sauce & the sesame oil.
- A few ramen noodles might appear a little under-cooked when you open the Instant Pot. Do not worry, they will be fully cooked once you mix the sauce and fluff the noodles. The trapped residual heat will cook them completely. Do not be tempted to pressure cook them again.
- Allow the ramen noodles to rest for 5 mins, this helps the noodles to nicely absorb the sauce. Mix in the chopped green onion.
- Once, you are done fluffing the noodles and mixing in the sauce bring out the steel insert of the instant pot and keep it on the counter top. Or you may also spoon out the cooked ramen into a separate plate. This will prevent the cooked ramen from getting over cooked and mushy from the residual heat of the Instant Pot. The Instant Pot base gradually cools down even after unplugging the machine.
- Measuring Units used, 1 cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Veggies: You'll have crisp tender veggies in this recipe. That's how we love it.
- For really soft Veggies: Saute them first in the Instant Pot on SAUTE set at NORMAL. Than. proceed with the recipe.
- Ramen Noodles: I used Maruchan Ramen Noodles. You can use Top Ramen as well.
- Instant Pot: Must use 6 quart or 8 quart Instant Pot. DO NOT try the recipe in the 3 quart mini Instant Pot.
- Even Cooking Tip: Coat the ramen noodles evenly with the liquid and press them down with the help of the spatula arranging them in a single layer.(refer the recipe video).
- Doubling the recipe: I have not tried doubling the recipe. But, you may try and let us know how it turned out.
- Sauce: You may adjust the sauce amount according to your personal preference. Add 1 tbsp dark soy sauce for a good punch.
- Spicy Ramen: Add dry red pepper flakes and sriracha sauce for a slight kick. I didnot add any and kept the recipe kid friendly.
- Veggies: You may also add these - Mushroom, Zuchini, Cabbage, finely sliced snow peans.
- Protein: You may swap the chicken with pork, beef, shrimp. Saute them accordingly.