Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi in garlic butter lemony sauce with a hint of red pepper flakes & white wine. So yum! So Good! Get’s ready under 10 minutes from start to finish.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi recipe with Wine
- 2 What is Shrimp Scampi made of?
- 3 What is the best wine for Shrimp Scampi?
- 4 Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Tips
- 5 How to make Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi? Step by Step
- 6 How long can you keep Shrimp Scampi in the fridge?
- 7 Can Shrimp Scampi be frozen?
- 8 How do you thicken Shrimp Scampi sauce?
- 9 What can I use instead of wine in Shrimp Scampi?
- 10 What vegetables goes with Shrimp Scampi?
- 11 What should I serve with Shrimp Scampi?
- 12 Can Shrimp Scampi be made ahead of time?
- 13 Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi recipe with Wine
0 minutes active cooking time is all you need to make this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi with juicy raw colossal or Jumbo Shrimps.
Yes, 0 minute is a thing.
By the time the Instant Pot comes to pressure the dish will be all cooked through. Hence, we’ll be setting 0 minutes cooking time.
A shrimp scampi that you can’t stop eating is the one that comes along with a fabulous sauce.
Garlicky, lemony, buttery with a subtle hint of white wine, red pepper flakes, freshly chopped parsley.
Enjoy it as an appetizer with some crusty bread or serve it on top of pasta, rice or a side of steamed broccoli or carrots and you have an elegant dinner to boast about 😀
Perfect for date nights or a cozy couple night.
Browse the tips below and learn the secret to the best Scampi Sauce ever.
What is Shrimp Scampi made of?
Instant Pot Shrimp is made of the following ingredients:
- Shrimp: Colossal or Jumbo sizes works best for the recipe. We prefer raw shrimps that are de-shelled, de-veined with tails intact.
- White Wine. Do not use the Cooking wine or replace the white wine with red wine!
- Seasonings: Paprika & red pepper flakes. The red pepper flakes provides a subtle heat to the dish.
- Garnish: Chopped Parsley.
What is the best wine for Shrimp Scampi?
Here are a few wine varieties that we often use to cook our Shrimp Scampi.
However, you can use any preferred variety that you love. Wine choices varies from person to person. The below list will help you to begin with atleast something 🙂
DO NOT replace the white wine with Red Wine. Never Ever!
- Pinot Grigio.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Tips
How to make Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi? Step by Step
Step #1 Saute the Shrimps
I used raw, frozen thawed de-shelled, de-veined shrimps with tails intact. You can use shrimps without tails as well.
Saute the shrimps for 2-3 mins with butter on SAUTE function set at NORMAL.
When the shrimps turn pink take them out of the pot and set aside.
This process will lock the juices of the shrimps and also infuse the butter with a roasted shrimp flavor. So good!
Step #2 Pressure Cook Shrimp Scampi
In the same pot add a little olive oil and saute the garlic until fragrant but not brown.
Pour the white wine and add the seasonings along with salt.
De-glaze the pot very well with the help of a spatula so that there are absolutely no bits and crumbs stuck at the bottom of the steel pot of the Instant Pot.
Add back the sauteed shrimps and throw in two lemon wedges.
PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 0 (zero) minutes. You need to set the time on the screen of the Instant Pot to zero.
By the time the Instant Pot comes to pressure the shrimps will be cooked through beautifully.
Do a quick release and enjoy the Shrimp Scampi. Garnish with chopped parsley.
How long can you keep Shrimp Scampi in the fridge?
You can keep Shrimp Scampi for upto 3 days in the fridge. Store it in moisture free air tight containers.
Can Shrimp Scampi be frozen?
Yes, Shrimp Scampi can be frozen for upto 2 months.
How do you thicken Shrimp Scampi sauce?
You can thicken Shrimp Scampi sauce by adding more butter to it just before serving. Add the butter when it’s warm and not hot and gently mix with a spoon.
The sauce thickens naturally as it cools down.
What can I use instead of wine in Shrimp Scampi?
You can use shrimp stock and a little apple cider vinegar instead of wine in Shrimp Scampi.
What vegetables goes with Shrimp Scampi?
What should I serve with Shrimp Scampi?
You can serve crusty bread, Pasta, Spaghetti or a side of cooked veggies with Shrimp Scampi. It’s delicious either way.
Can Shrimp Scampi be made ahead of time?
Yes, Shrimp Scampi can be made ahead of time and frozen or stored in the fridge.
Try these easy and FRUGAL PANTRY STAPLE Instant Pot Recipes from Foodies Terminal.
Instant Pot Shrimp ScampiPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 12 oz Shrimps, de-shelled & de-veined (340 g)
- 5 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (use less if you are intolerant to spicy food)
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- 1/3 cup white wine (best wines listed in the blog post)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 thinly sliced lemon made into rings
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- crushed black pepper according to taste
- salt to taste
- fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE function kept at NORMAL.
- Add 3 tbsp butter and when the butter is moderately hot gently release the de-shelled, de-veined shrimps. Saute for about 2-3 mins or until the shrimps uniformly change color and turn all pink. Set them aside in a clean dry bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil in the same pot and gently release the chopped garlic. Saute until the garlic is just fragrant.
- Next, pour the white wine and add all the seasonings along with salt. De-glaze the pot very well so that there are absolutely no bits and crumbs stuck at the bottom of the pot.
- Add back the sauteed shrimps and just 3 tbsp water. Layer the Shrimps. Throw in the lemon rings on top.
- CANCEL the SAUTE function. Close the lid of the Instant Pot & seal the valve.
- Pressure Cook on HIGH for just 0 minutes. You can do this by pressing the PRESSURE COOK Button and than press down the adjust button to set the time to zero.
- Once, the pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Do a Quick Pressure Release (QPR) immediately by moving the valve from the SEALING to the VENTING position.
- When the pin drops open the lid carefully. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
- Measuring Units Used, 1 Cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Best Shrimps to use: Colossal, Jumbo, Extra Large. Use Raw Shrimps that are de-shelled, de-veneined and tails intact.
- If you use 1/2 cup white wine skip adding the water.
- Adjust the sauce consistency according to your liking. We prefer the delicious buttery sauce and love it on top of pasta or use it to dip the crusty bread. So good!
- If you prefer a more subtle Shrimp Scampi skip adding the paprika and the red pepper flakes.
- Rubbery Shrimps = Over Cooked Shrimps.
- Juicy Shrimps = Perfectly cooked Shrimps.
- The BEST cooking time = 0 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE for lightly sauteed raw shrimps.
- STORING TIPS: Lasts for 3 days in the fridge. Freezes for upto 2 months.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with crusty bread, garlic bread or on top of pasta, spaghetti, rice.
- DOUBLE the RECIPE: The cooking time will remain the same if you want to double the recipe. Use a bigger Instant Pot like 6 or 8 quart capacity.