Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi in garlic butter lemony sauce with a hint of red pepper flakes & white wine. So yum! So Good! Get’s ready under 10 minutes from start to finish.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi recipe with Wine
0 minutes active cooking time is all you need to make this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi with juicy raw colossal or Jumbo Shrimp. By the time the Instant Pot comes to pressure the dish will be all cooked through. Hence, we’ll be setting 0 minutes cooking time.
Garlicky, lemony, buttery with a subtle hint of white wine, red pepper flakes, freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy it as an appetizer with some crusty bread or serve it on top of pasta, rice or a side of steamed broccoli or carrots and you have an elegant dinner to boast about 😀
Perfect for date nights or a cozy couple night.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Tips
- Prevent Over cooked Shrimp: Lightly saute the Shrimp to seal in the juices and than Pressure Cook for 0 minutes. Oh yes! it’s not a typo 😀 By the time the Instant Pot comes to pressure the Shrimps will be cooked through perfectly without drying out. That’s what is zero minute.
- Shrimp: For best results use frozen thawed raw shrimp without the shells & veins. DO NOT use the store bought cooked shrimp (the pink ones you get in packets).
- Best Shrimp Size: Small Shrimp won’t work for a scampi recipe. They shrink a lot and do not give out the depth of flavor. Go with either Colossal or Jumbo size or extra large Shrimp.
- Best flavor secret: White wine instead of stock is the secret to all those awesome flavor. Use it! You can’t replace the crispness of white wine in the scampi sauce! And 1-2 fresh lemon slices with zest on is what makes the Shrimp Scampi vibrant, fresh and fragrant. You can never beat the flavor of fresh lemon along with the zest. Just a dash of paprika and red pepper flakes adds layers of flavor. A subtle kick is what you are going to get. The pepper flakes won’t make it spicy I promise.
- Garlic: Go heavy with garlic you’ll thank me later. The freshly chopped garlic lends a burst of flavor to the scampi and makes it so good. Crusty bread is all you need to soak up all the juicy sauce.
What is Shrimp Scampi made of?
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements at the bottom of the post. The list below is just a reference.
- Shrimp: Colossal or Jumbo sizes works best for the recipe. We prefer raw shrimps that are de-shelled, de-veined with tails intact.
- White Wine. Do not use the Cooking wine or replace the white wine with red wine!
- Seasonings: Paprika & red pepper flakes. The red pepper flakes provides a subtle heat to the dish.
- Garnish: Chopped Parsley.
What is the best wine for Shrimp Scampi?
Here are a few wine varieties that we often use to cook our Shrimp Scampi.
However, you can use any preferred variety that you love. Wine choices varies from person to person. The below list will help you to begin with atleast something 🙂
DO NOT replace the white wine with Red Wine. Never Ever!
- Pinot Grigio.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
How to make Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi?
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements + Video at the bottom of the post.
Step #1 Saute the Shrimps
- Saute Shrimp lightly: I used raw, frozen thawed de-shelled, de-veined shrimp with tails intact. You can use shrimp without tails as well. However, the tails adds much more flavor to the sauce! Saute the shrimp lightly for just for 1 min with butter on SAUTE function set at NORMAL. This process will lock the juices of the shrimps and also infuse the butter with a roasted shrimp flavor. So good!
Step #2 Pressure Cook Shrimp Scampi
- De-glaze pot: In the same pot add olive oil and saute the garlic until fragrant but not brown. Pour the white wine and add the seasonings along with salt. De-glaze the pot very well with the help of a spatula so that there are absolutely no bits and crumbs stuck at the bottom of the steel pot of the Instant Pot. This will prevent the BURN error!
- Pressure cook: Add back the sautéed shrimp and throw in two lemon wedges. PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 0 (zero) minutes. You need to set the time on the screen of the Instant Pot to zero. By the time the Instant Pot comes to pressure the shrimp will be cooked through beautifully. Do a quick release and enjoy the Shrimp Scampi. Garnish with chopped parsley.
How long can you keep Shrimp Scampi in the fridge?
You can keep Shrimp Scampi for upto 3 days in the fridge. Store it in moisture free air tight containers.
Can Shrimp Scampi be frozen?
Yes, Shrimp Scampi can be frozen for upto 2 months.
How do you thicken Shrimp Scampi sauce?
You can thicken Shrimp Scampi sauce by adding more butter to it just before serving. Add the butter when it’s warm and not hot and gently mix with a spoon.
The sauce thickens naturally as it cools down.
What can I use instead of wine in Shrimp Scampi?
You can use shrimp stock and a little apple cider vinegar instead of wine in Shrimp Scampi.
What vegetables goes with Shrimp Scampi?
What should I serve with Shrimp Scampi?
You can serve crusty bread, Pasta, Spaghetti or a side of cooked veggies with Shrimp Scampi. It’s delicious either way.
Can Shrimp Scampi be made ahead of time?
Yes, Shrimp Scampi can be made ahead of time and frozen or stored in the fridge.
NOTE: This recipe is updated with better post structure & helpful step by step photos on the recipe card. No change to the original recipe has been made.
Instant Pot Shrimp ScampiPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 12 oz Shrimp (** de-shelled & de-veined. Frozen shrimp thawed. 340 g. You can take off the tails or keep them intact, they add more flavor.)
- 5 cloves garlic (** roughly chopped)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (**use less if you are intolerant to spicy food)
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/3 cup white wine (**best wines listed in the blog post)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 lemon (**sliced into circles)
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (**extra light or light olive oil)
- ground black pepper (**according to taste)
- salt (**use according to your personal preference.)
- parsley (** chopped used for garnish.)
- Saute Shrimp: Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE function kept at NORMAL. Add 3 tbsp butter and when the butter is moderately hot gently release the de-shelled, de-veined shrimps. Saute for about 1 min or until the shrimp turn pink. Set them aside in a clean dry bowl. This will add more flavor. However, you can skip this step & than add the frozen thawed raw shrimp directly into the sauce just before pressure cooking.
- De-glaze Pot: Add 2 tbsp olive oil in the same pot and gently release the chopped garlic. Saute until the garlic is just fragrant. Next, pour the white wine and add all the seasonings along with salt. De-glaze the pot very well so that there are absolutely no bits and crumbs stuck at the bottom of the pot.
- Pressure Cook: Add back the sautéed shrimp and just 3 tbsp water. Layer the Shrimp. Throw in the lemon rings on top. CANCEL the SAUTE function. Close the lid of the Instant Pot & seal the valve. Pressure Cook on HIGH for just 0 minutes. You can do this by pressing the PRESSURE COOK Button and than press down the adjust button to set the time to zero. Once, the pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Do a Quick Pressure Release (QPR) immediately by moving the valve from the SEALING to the VENTING position.
- Serve: When the pin drops open the lid carefully. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy! You can serve the Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles, a light salad or steamed veggies.
- Measuring Units Used, 1 Cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Best Shrimp to use: Colossal, Jumbo, Extra Large. Use Raw Shrimp that are de-shelled, de-veined and tails intact.
- White wine: If you use 1/2 cup white wine skip adding the water.
- The scampi sauce: Adjust the sauce consistency according to your liking. We prefer the delicious buttery sauce and love it on top of pasta or use it to dip the crusty bread. So good!
- Mild Scampi option: If you prefer a more subtle Shrimp Scampi skip adding the paprika and the red pepper flakes.
- The BEST cooking time = 0 minute on HIGH PRESSURE for lightly sautéed raw shrimp.
- STORING TIPS: Lasts for 3 days in the fridge. Freezes for upto 2 months.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with crusty bread, garlic bread or on top of pasta, spaghetti, rice.
- DOUBLE the RECIPE: The cooking time will remain the same if you want to double the recipe. Use a bigger Instant Pot like 6 or 8 quart capacity.