I never had so much goodness within a cookie in my whole life! The custard cookies are full of all the goodness in the whole wide world. The melt-in-the-mouth biscuits are so delicious that you won’t be satisfied with only a few. They are crispy, crunchy and melt-in-the-mouth and you will be addicted once you take your first bite.
These custard cookies are so exceptional, they have an extraordinary sway of crunch, an unprecedented amount of crispiness embedded in each layer and they are melt-in-the-mouth bliss. I never had so much goodness within a mere cookie in my whole life! If you do not know about their existence than undoubtedly your life is missing something so enticing. Make them to believe their power of awesomeness. I desperately refrained from raising the eyebrows of my readers and sounding like a braggart but could not just help myself because these cute cookies are worth bragging about.
I was never a cookie fan before but ever since I started exploring various cookie recipes in my own kitchen, knowing the ingredients, tweaking any famous recipe, adding my own variants I have totally fallen for the whole process. After all, the home-made taste of any goodies excels its store-bought counterparts. Home-made biscuits are full of fresh ingredients and sans any preservatives. I have tried various custard cookie recipes in the long run but they lacked perfection in terms of taste and texture. The previous recipes were good but not the best. They were devoid of that awesomeness, you know what I mean? That particular moment when you take your first bite and then totally forget everything under the sun, you absolutely focus on that bite, the melting taste, the different notes hitting your palette! It’s so overwhelmingly good! Yes, I am talking about “that special” moment. These custard biscuits in every respect quench the thirst for a perfectly crispy, crunchy goodness. The custard cookies will not only fill you with so much joy but it will definitely melt your heart and in no time you will hanker for more cookies and quickly rush to the kitchen to bake another fresh batch! They are that good, so good that the whole world stops when you start munching on them.
Crispy, crunchy, mildly sweet, melt-in-the-mouth that’s how I love to describe my custard cookies. They have a faint aroma of the custard powder and a hint of buttery flavor. Did I tell you that you will need only 4 ingredients to fix a new batch from scratch and it requires no prior excellence in baking? If you don’t over-bake them accidentally than you are all set. This recipe is amazing and is a keeper! If you love custard cookies and you are desperately looking for the perfect recipe that promises all the crispiness in the whole wide world than you have absolutely come to the right place. Once you make your first batch I am sure you won’t let them go.
I endlessly munch on them any time of the day and I absolutely hate counting how many I ate. This particular recipe yields me a total of 18-19 small custard biscuits and they don’t last us up to 2 days! It’s mandatory to store them in an airtight container so that they don’t lose their stunning crispiness.
Let’s make them.
Crispy, Crunchy and the world’s best Custard Cookies or Custard BiscuitsPrint Recipe Pin Rate
- 1-1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup custard powder.
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1. Take a dry bowl and sift the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking soda, and the custard powder) together.2. Cream the butter and the confectioner’s sugar together until silky smooth. The mixture should not be gritty.3. Next mix the dry ingredients slowly into the butter-sugar mixture.4. It should be of dough consistency.5. Line a baking tray with parchment and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.6. Take about 2 teaspoons of the dough, roll it into a ball then press gently with a fork to make patterns as in the pictures. You may also use a small cookie stamp.7. Bake them for 15-18 minutes or until the bottom starts to turn into a beautiful golden color.8. Allow them to cool completely.Enjoy!
- Allow them to cool completely. They are fragile when hot.
- Store them in an air-tight container.