Chili Garlic Noodles Instant Pot will reward you with perfectly cooked noodles with a spicy chili garlic sauce and a few softer veggies. This Chili Garlic Instant Pot Noodles tastes so yum as such or with any Asian Take-out Recipes.
Table Of Contents
Chili Garlic Instant Pot Noodles
Instant Pot Chili Garlic Noodles will certainly quench your spicy Noodle pangs! This recipe is a bomb, al denté noodles smeared in a spicy chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, & sriracha & sugar! No more mushy noodles that fall apart terribly!
We love softer veggies here, so we cooked them along with the noodles. However, if you prefer crunchy veggies add them later along with the sauces & allow the residual heat to do the magic.
And never ever cook the noodles along with the sauces! You can have incredible Instant Pot Noodles when you toss them in the sauces at the end! The taste is so phenomenal that no one can make out that it’s not wok made 😀 Believe me!
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements way below the post on the “Recipe Card“. The list below is just a reference.
- Thin Spaghetti: It’s a pantry ingredient and I used this variety so that you can make the dish whenever you want to, no need of hitting the nearest Asian stores to find that perfect noodles. 😀
- Garlic: This adds great depth of flavor and you can certainly adjust the quantity according to your liking. We prefer more garlic here!
- Veggies: Bell Peppers, carrots, scallions.
- Sauces: Light Soy Sauce, Chili Garlic sauce, Hoisin sauce, Sriracha Sauce (for extra spicy double the quantity).
- Rice Vinegar: You can sub it with Cider Vinegar as well.
- Brown Sugar.
- Sesame Oil.
- Any Neutral Oil like Avocado Oil etc.
Tips & Tricks
- Flavor Magic: Never ever pressure cook the noodles along with the sauces, you’ll end up with very flat flavors! It’s difficult to create the wok magic in a pressure cooker but it’s not impossible. Pressure cook the noodles first & than toss them in the sauces for that Asian take-out style wok flavor. You simply can’t resist the addictive taste!
- The Sauces: Chili Garlic Noodles is slightly on the spicy side. If you do not prefer the heat skip the Sriracha totally & add crushed black pepper instead to balance the flavors. You can also slightly increase the amount of brown sugar for subtle sweetness.
- The pressure cooking time: 4 mins High Pressure followed by 3 mins Natural Release = Al Dente Noodles, they are incredible, we don’t love noodles that fall apart! However, if you prefer softer noodles do 5-6 mins High Pressure followed by Quick Release.
- Veggies consistency: We prefer softer mushy veggies in this recipe as there’s no added protein in the dish. However, if you prefer crisp veggies with a good crunch add the veggies along with the sauces and rest the noodles for 5 mins or more. The residual heat will tenderize the veggies.
- Noodles: Add them in the Instant Pot in a bird nest pattern or zig zag pattern. refer the Video. The noodles will cook evenly. Do not stir the noodles ever again after adding them in the pot.
- De-tangling the Noodles: A fork helps to de-tangle the pressure cooked noodles. Refer the Video. So easy and such a good hack!
How to make Chili Garlic Noodles?
**Steps in words below pictures.
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements way below the post on the “Recipe Card“.
Step #1 Pressure Cook Noodles
Saute the garlic for 30 seconds in the Instant Pot kept at SAUTE mode at NORMAL heat setting. Add liquid, de-glaze pot well.
Than add the spaghetti broken into half in a bird nest pattern (zig zag pattern) refer the photo above & the recipe video below (bottom of the page). DO NOT stir or mix the noodles. Gently tap them with the spatula to just coat them lightly with the liquid.
Layer the veggies & PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for just 4 mins followed by 3 mins Natural Pressure Release (for al dente noodles, for more info read the NOTES below at the bottom of the page). You will have al dente noodles but softer veggies. If you prefer crunchy crisp veggies add them later while adding the sauces (refer NOTES below).
Step # Toss Noodles in sauces
De-tangle the noodles with the help of a fork & mix in the veggies gently. The extra liquid in the pot will be absorbed by the noodles.
Turn on the SAUTE function & keep it on LOW heat setting. Add all the sauce ingredients and toss the noodles for few mins (2-3 mins) until each strand is well coated with the sauces. You’ll have a fabulous pot of spicy chili garlic noodles.
Garnish with scallions & toasted white sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Fridge: Instant Pot Chili Garlic Noodles will last for 5 days in the fridge when stored in an air tight container.
Freezer: You can freeze the noodles for 2 months. The veggies will become mushy while re-heating the noodles. I would recommend that you skip adding the scallions & the sesame seeds and add it later while re-heating the dish
You can try serving today’s Chili Garlic Noodles Instant Pot recipe with a variety of Asian take-out style Chicken dishes. Check out our Huge collection – Asian Take-out Recipes.
More Noodles for you
Chili Garlic Noodles Instant PotPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles halved (thin variety, 226 g)
- 1/2 tbsp Finely Chopped Garlic.
- 1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced (like match sticks)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For the Sauce
- 2 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 tsp lightly toasted white sesame seeds (**read NOTES)
- 3 scallions chopped into 2 inch long pieces (use only green parts)
- Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE function and set it on NORMAL heat settings.
- Add oil and thrown in the chopped garlic when the oil becomes moderately hot. Saute for just 30 seconds.
- CANCEL the SAUTE function and add in the liquid. De-glaze the pot.
- Now, add the spaghetti noodles in a bird nest patter or a zig zag pattern. Avoid dumping them all at once. Once, you are done gently tap the spaghetti noodles with the help of your spatula so that they get one coat of the liquid. DO NOT STIR.
- Layer the sliced veggies on top of the noodles. If you prefer crisp crunchy veggies do not add them now. Do not STIR anything in the pot.
- Cover the lid of the Instant Pot and seal the valve. PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 4 minutes for al dente noodles that won't fall apart and 6 minutes for softer noodles.
- Once the pressure cooking cycle is over wait for about 3 minutes of Natural Pressure Release and than release the rest of the pressure manually by moving the valve from the SEALING to the VENTING position. Open the lid of the pot carefully.
- You'll be left with little liquid. and softer veggies Don't worry the cooked noodles will absorb the liquid beautifully once you begin the process of de-tangling the noodles.
- CANCEL the PRESSURE COOK function and de-tangle the noodles gently with the help of a fork and in the process mix in the cooked veggies with the noodles.
- Now, set the Instant Pot on SAUTE and keep it at LOW.
- Add all the sauce ingredients mentioned above in the "For the Sauce" section. Add the brown sugar in the light soy sauce and mix it to incorporate first and than add it to the pot. This will help to dissolve the sugar fast.
- Toss the noodles in the sauces for about 2-3 mins. Turn off the Instant Pot and garnish with the scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve hot with more Chili garlic Sauce and red pepper flakes if you prefer really spicy food. Enjoy!
- Measuring Units Used, 1 Cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Lightly toasted White Sesame seeds: Lightly toast the white sesame seeds over medium high heat stirring frequently and until they turn slightly golden in color. Toasted sesame seeds add great depth of flavor to a dish and also tastes yum with lots of nutty flavor minus any bitterness.
- Veggies consistency: Today’s recipe will reward you with softer veggies.
- For Crisp crunchy Veggies: Do not pressure cook the veggies along with the noodles. Instead add them to the cooked noodles before adding the sauces. Mix everything together, mix the sauces and saute for 2-3 mins. Than cover the pot and let the noodles rest for 5-10 mins. The residual heat will cook the veggies and keep them crisp and crunchy. Always thinly slice the veggies.
- For very spicy noodles: Double the amount of sriracha. Also add red pepper flakes.
- Non-spicy Noodles: Skip the sriracha from today’s recipe.
- Never mix or stir the spaghetti noodles after adding them to the Instant Pot. Gently press them down with the help of your spatula to coat them with water.
- Al dente Noodles: 4 mins High Pressure/ 3 mins Natural Release. The noodles won’t fall apart.
- Softer Noodles: 5-6 mins High Pressure / Quick Release. The Noodles will fall apart, imagine soggy noodles!