What not to love about these Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings? Spicy, sweet, sticky, ultra crispy oven baked wings that can challenge any deep fried wings recipe. These Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings are low on calorie but BIG on flavor!
Table Of Contents
- 1 Watch Recipe Video
- 2 Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 3 What is Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings?
- 4 Oven Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings Ingredients
- 5 How to make the Honey Sriracha marinade for the chicken wings?
- 6 Crispy Oven baked wings secret
- 7 5 Tips to make the Best Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings oven baked
- 8 How long can you store the wings?
- 9 How to make Oven Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings? Step by Step
- 10 Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Watch Recipe Video
Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
If you love wings all 365 days of the year & as much as we do than don’t miss this Spicy Garlic Wings & the Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing Chicken Wings. They are damn GOOD!
If you are excited about copycat chicken wings recipes than today’s recipe will give you all the more reason to be happy.
These oven baked, ultra crispy, sticky, sweet & spicy Chicken wings will fly off the plate once you bring them out from the oven.
No more greasy wings & no more oily mess in the kitchen. These baked Honey Sriracha Chicken wings are just as good as their deep fried counterparts.
And your guests won’t believe that they are baked in the oven!
Get to know one single pantry staple & the secret ingredient for todays recipe that makes the oven baked wings ultra crispy.
You don’t have to worry about the sauce because there’s no cooking involved. It involves mixing & tossing.
That’s how easy making a batch of Homey Sriracha Wings in the oven sound.
We love chicken wings & we make them whenever craving strikes. No waiting for Big Bowl or game days or even catching up with friends.
I don’t think we ever need a reason to make wings 😀
You can make today’s recipe for a huge crowd. Flash marinate, bake, toss & serve. People will love you 😀
What is Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings?
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings consists of crispy oven baked wings that are coated in a sticky, spicy & sweet Honey Sriracha Sauce.
It’s finger licking good, a very easy party appetizer perfect to feed a huge crowd and it’s less on calories as the wings are no deep fried.
Oven Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings Ingredients
- Chicken Wings: Flats & drumettes.
- For Marinating Chicken wings: Oil, Vinegar, brown sugar, garlic & onion powder, cayenne pepper powder, crushed black pepper,paprika, baking powder.
- For the spicy sriracha sauce: Honey & Sriracha Sauce.
Note: Sriracha Sauce is spicy. While making the Spicy Sriracha sauce taste as you go and add more sauce if needed. We love the wings spicy & todays recipe features the same.
How to make the Honey Sriracha marinade for the chicken wings?
2 ingredients is all you need to make todays spicy honey sriracha chicken wings sauce.
It’s a 1 min sauce recipe and perhaps the easiest one under the sun. No cooking involved.
Just mix the two ingredients with the help of a hand whisk and your sauce will be ready in just a minute!
And the two ingredients that make a great lip smacking and easy wings sauce are:
- Honey: Regular honey from the bottle works great. You can use any variety except raw honey.
- Sriracha Sauce.
Caution: Sriracha Sauce is super spicy. Do the test taste & add it to the honey as you go. DO NOT add all at once. Spice tolerance level varies from individual to individual. We love our chicken wings spicy.
Crispy Oven baked wings secret
Baking soda is that one secret ingredient that will totally transform your oven baked chicken wings and make them as crispy as deep fried wings.
Add it with the other ingredients and rub the chicken wings to flash marinate them.
Sprinkle some more baking soda on the top of the chicken wings before popping them into the hot oven.
5 Tips to make the Best Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings oven baked
- Flash marinate the chicken wings before baking them: This adds tons of flavor. Give those wings a good rub with the marinade and they are good to go in the oven just in a flash.
- Do not skip adding the baking soda: It is the only ingredient that’ll help those chicken wings to become extra crispy & you won’t miss the deep fried wings ever.
- Sprinkle some baking soda before baking the wings: For that extra crunch do sprinkle some more baking soda on top of the wings before popping them in the oven. This extra bit of BS sure does make a lot of difference.
- Bake at the right temperature: Bake each side for 20 mins at 425 F. This will yield crispy wings from the oven.
- Toss & serve immediately: Make the sauce ready. Once the wings are out from the oven toss them in the sauce & serve immediately.
How long can you store the wings?
Honey Sriracha wings taste best when served hot & immediately.
They become soggy fast so storing them for a long time will make them non crispy.
For best experience toss the crispy oven baked wings immediately in the sauce once they are out from the oven and serve right away.
How to make Oven Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings? Step by Step
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to make Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings? Step by Step
- Flash Marinate Chicken Wings
Begin by washing the wings well & than pat them dry with the help of a kitchen towel. Add the cayenne pepper, onion & garlic powder, baking powder, brown sugar, paprika powder, crushed black pepper, oil and vinegar to the wings. Give them a good rub so that all the wings are nicely coated with the marinade.
- Arrange the marinated wings on a baking tray
Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Place a cookie rack on the tray and arrange the marinated wings in a single layer without over crowding. They are oven ready.
- Bake at 425 F in a pre-heated oven
Bake the wings each side 20 mins at 425F. That means 40 mins in total.
- Prepare the honey sriracha sauce
In a bowl add honey and sriracha sauce & whisk very well. The sauce is ready. Sriracha is really spicy so add it to the honey according to your spice tolerance level.
- Toss the crispy oven baked wings in the sauce
Add the crispy oven baked wings to the sauce and give them a good toss so that all the wings are nicely coated with the delicious spicy sweet sauce. Devour immediately for the best experience 😀
Love Easy Recipes? We love too, try these quick & delicious recipes from Foodies Terminal.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
For Flash Marinating Chicken
For the Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey (any regular honey)
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
How to crispy bake the wings?
- Wash the wings and pat them dry completely with the help of a kitchen towel. Keep them in a clean, dry bowl.
- Add all the ingredients from the “For Flash Marinating Chicken” section to the bowl containing the wings. Give everything a very good mix so that all the chicken wings are nicely coated with the ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and place a cookie rack on top of the tray. Next, line the marinated chicken wings in a single layer on top of the cookie rack without over crowding.
- Bake at 425 F, 20 mins each side which means 40 mins in total. This will result in very crispy wings.
How to make the Honey Sriracha Sauce?
- Add honey and sriracha sauce in a clean dry bowl and whisk them together until full incorporated. Set aside.
How to make Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings?
- Once the wings are crispy baked, bring them out from the oven and toss them immediately in the sauce. Crispy baked Honey Sriracha Wings are ready. Serve them immediately for the crispiest experience ever 🙂
- Measuring Cup used, 1 cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- CAUTION: Sriracha is HOT. And todays recipe will yield you quiet spicy wings. It’s advisable that you add the sauce, do the test taste and than go from there. Heat tolerance level varies from person to person.
- Spice Level: 5/10.
- Do not skip using the Baking Powder. That’s the one SECRET INGREDIENT to make ultra crispy wings in oven.
- Toss the Wings immediately in the sauce once they are out from the oven & serve them immediately too for the best Crispiest wings ever.
- You may scale up or scale down the recipe. Works beautifully every single time.
- The sauce tends to dry up on the surface of the wings if not served immediately and wings begins to lose the crispness too!
Pin it for Later!8