Instant Pot Apple Crisp is the easiest Instant Pot Dessert recipe that you can make with crisp fresh apples and common pantry staple ingredients. Enjoy it with scoops of vanilla ice-cream. Don’t miss the video & tips!
Apple Crisp in the Instant Pot
Apple Crisp in the Instant Pot is not only easy to make but also tastes amazing. It’s one of those dump and cook Instant Pot recipes that you can enjoy throughout the year.
You can make it with a wide variety of apples other than the tart granny smiths and enjoy it warm with scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
What apples are best for Apple Crisp?
The best apples for Apple Crisp are Honey Crisp, Gala, Granny Smith. Golden Delicious, Empire, Braeburn apples.
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements at the bottom of the post. The list below is just a reference.
- Apples: You can peel them or use unpeeled for more texture. We used unpeeled apple.
- Rolled Oats: Do not use quick, instant or steel cut oats. Rolled oats will make the best ever apple crisp.
- All purpose flour
- Butter: The easy way is to use melted butter.
- Sugar: Brown and white sugar.
- Lemon Juice.
- Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger powder makes the most awesome pack of crisp spices 😀 However, you can use just cinnamon and skip the rest.
Tips & Tricks
- Best apples for apple Crisp: Choose Crisp, taut apples and avoid over ripe apples by all means, they’ll turn mushy in the recipe.
- Cutting Apples: Cut the apple in equal sizes. This will ensure an even cooking.
- Easy Crisp Topping: Melt the butter and add it to the other ingredients and form a wet sand like mixture. You’ll be pressure cooking the apple crisp anyway so no need of chopping down fridge cold butter and than trying to mix it relentlessly with your hands.
- The spices: You can certainly control the amount of the spices added. We love nutmeg, cinnamon & ginger powder in our easy apple crisp recipe and we love more spices for that autumnal flavor. However, you can make the recipe with only cinnamon and you can also reduce the quantities.
- Resting the Crisp: After opening the pressure cooker lid you might notice a little liquid gathered around the edges of the apple crisp. That’s fine, the liquid will be sucked up completely as the apple crisp gradually cools down. Allow the apple crisp to rest for 5-10 mins before serving it.
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements + Video at the bottom of the post.
Step #1 Prepare the Crisp Topping
In a clean dry bowl add the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, spices and melted butter and mix well with the help of a spatula to resemble wet sand like consistency.
This will be the apple crisp topping. Set it aside.
Step #2 Pressure Cook Apple Crisp
Add the diced apples inside the steel insert of the Instant Pot. Also, add white sugar, lemon juice and salt. Mix well. Pour water.
Layer the crisp topping evenly on top of the diced apples in a single layer. Close the lid, seal the valve and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 6 minutes followed by Natural Release for 5 minutes.
Open the lid. You’ll find some amount of liquid gathered around the edges of the apple crisp. Don’t worry, that’s fine. Allow the crisp to rest for 5-10 mins, the extra liquid will be absorbed. Serve warm Instant Pot apple crisp with scoops of Vanilla ice-cream. Yum!
Easy Apple Crisp Instant Pot – FAQs
Yes, apple crisp can be stored at room temperature for 1-2 days. Keep the container lightly covered with plastic wrap.
Apple crisp would last for 7 days in the fridge.
You can store cooked apple crisp in an air tight container, place a paper towel underneath the lid to absorb condensation.
Store in portion control freezer safe containers. Thaw over night in the refrigerator and than re-heat in the oven at 350 degree F for 15-20 mins or in the microwave oven until warm.
Instant Pot Apple CrispPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
Making the Crisp Topping
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above in the “For making the crisp topping” section above. Mix well with the help of a spatula. The mixture should have the consistency of wet sand. Set aside the crisp topping.
How to make Apple Crisp in Instant Pot?
- Add the diced apples into the steel insert of the instant pot. Now, add the sugar, salt, cinnamon and lemon juice and give everything a good mix.
- Add the 1/4 cup water.
- Now, layer the crisp topping on top of the diced apples in a single layer.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot. SEAL the valve and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- Once the Pressure Cooking cycle is over do a quick pressure release (QPR) by manually moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position.
- Open the lid carefully. You’ll notice liquid few tablespoons liquid collected or oozing out around the edges of the apple crisp. That’s Normal. Allow the crisp to rest for 5 minutes, that extra liquid will be well absorbed.
- Serve the apple crisp warm with scoops of vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy!
- Best Apples: The best apples for Apple Crisp are Honey Crisp, Gala, Granny Smith. Golden Delicious, Empire, Braeburn apples. Avoid Mackintosh apples, they have a tendency to turn mushy.
- Spices: You can adjust the spices used in the recipe according to your taste preference. We love apple crisp with more spices and that’s how we made it. However, you can use only cinnamon and skip using the rest.
- Storing Tips: The apple Crisp will last for 7 days in the fridge. Always store in air tight and dry containers.