Whole Cauliflower Instant Pot is real and it would take only 5 mins! Smother the Cauliflower head with our secret marinade and roast it whole for a delicious side dish. Instant Pot Whole roasted cauliflower will give you tender juicy cauliflower florets with an amazing savory flavor. This recipe is absolutely beginner friendly.
Instant Pot Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Beginner in Instant Pot cooking? Make this Instant pot cauliflower whole head Cajun flavored, it’s absolutely beginner friendly, no active cooking involved, doesn’t taste bland & packed with incredible flavors! It might be your new favorite & the best way to include cauliflower in your diet.
Instant Pot Cauliflower – Tips & Tricks
- Rinse the cauliflower head: We would recommend rinsing the cauliflower head very well to strip down any pesticides and to remove debris. Follow the detailed instructions shared below.
- Marinate whole cauliflower: The seasonings that go in today’s recipe are important. It’s the seasoning mix that will help build all the amazing flavor and also create a delicious sauce at the bottom of the pot with all those tasty drippings from the cauliflower. You can pour or drizzle that sauce and enjoy the steamed whole cauliflower head. If you are heat intolerant skip adding the red pepper flakes.
- Perfect cook times: If the cauliflower head is large we would would recommend a 5 mins cook time and if it’s small 3 mins cook time would be enough. In both cases perform a quick pressure release.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Whole Head – Ingredients
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements at the bottom of the post. The list below is just a reference.
- Whole Cauliflower head: Rinsed well and stalks removed. Check out the Notes at the bottom of the post for cook times.
- Seasonings: Paprika, oregano, chili powder, cajun seasoning, thyme, cayenne pepper (skip if heat intolerant, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes (optional).
- Olive oil: Use light or extra light olive oil.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds a good punch to the dish. If you do not have it handy just skip using it.
How do you wash cauliflower before cooking?
- Organic Cauliflower: Remove the stalks and soak the whole cauliflower head in a large bowl of hot water + 1 tsp salt. Soak it for 30 mins. Rinse well. Pat dry the whole cauliflower head with kitchen tissues and follow the recipe.
- Inorganic Cauliflower: Remove the stalks and soak the whole cauliflower head in a large bowl of water + 1 tsp vinegar or 1 tsp baking soda and let it rest for 30 mins. Rinse well several times under running tap water. Pat dry the whole cauliflower and follow the recipe. This process will help strip down all the harmful pesticides & insecticides from the cauliflower head.
How to roast a cauliflower head in instant pot?
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements + Video at the bottom of the post.
Step #1 Prepare the marinade
- Add all the seasonings, Worcestershire sauce & the olive oil in a bowl and whisk together to mix them well. Do the test taste and add salt if need be. Cajun seasoning already contains salt so you might not need any extra salt at all.
Step #2 Marinate the cauliflower head
- Slather the marinade on the whole head of cauliflower. Make sure that all the nooks and crevices are covered with the marinade. Allow the cauliflower head to marinate for at least 30 mins to 1 hour.
Step #3 Pressure Cook
- Pressure cook: Set the Instant Pot. Place the steamer rack inside the pot, add 1 cup water and gently place the marinated cauliflower head on the steamer rack. Secure the lid and pressure cook on HIGH for just 2 mins (small cauliflower) and 5 mins (large cauliflower).
- Quick Release: Once the pressure cooking cycle is over immediately perform a quick pressure release manually by moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position.
Step #4 Slice & serve
- With the help of heat proof mittens carefully pull out the steamer rack from the instant pot. Slice the cauliflower and drizzle it generously with the delicious sauce from the bottom of the pot and enjoy! The sauce will taste amazing as it has all the flavorful drippings from the cauliflower.
How do you steam cauliflower in an instant pot without steamer basket?
- Remove the stalks & rinse well the whole head of cauliflower following the instructions above.
- Form a well / ring with the help of aluminium foil. This will help rest the cauliflower head. Place the ring inside the steel insert of the instant pot. Pour 1 cup water and place the marinated whole cauliflower head on the ring. Set it in a way so that it doesn’t topple. Pressure cook following today’s recipe instruction. You can dice into florets and later while serving or storing the steamed cauliflower.
You can store the whole roasted cauliflower head made in Instant Pot for upto 3 days in the fridge. Slice the cauliflower and than store it in an air tight container along with the sauce.
Re-heat the fridge cold Instant pot cauliflower in the microwave oven until warm or hot and than serve immediately. For best flavor squeeze lemon juice on top, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and than serve.
Whole Cauliflower Instant PotPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- ½ cup Olive Oil (**use light or extra light)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Paprika (**not smoked)
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tbsp cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cayenne (**skip if heat intolerant. )
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (**skip if heat intolerant)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Rinse whole cauliflower: Remove the stalks. And follow the rinsing instructions for organic & inorganic whole cauliflower shared in the Notes below. DO NOT dice the cauliflower.
- Marinate cauliflower head: Add all the ingredients mentioned above in the "ingredients" list in a bowl except the cauliflower. Stir to mix them well into a smooth paste like consistency. The marinade is ready. Now, slather the marinade on the whole cauliflower head with the help of a silicone brush or baking brush. Don't miss & nooks and crevices. For best flavor rest the marinated cauliflower for a minimum of 30 mins or max. 1 hour.
- Pressure Cook Whole Cauliflower: Place the metal trivet in the instant pot steel insert and pour 1 cup water. Gently place the marinated whole cauliflower head on the metal trivet, stump side down. Secure the lid of the instant pot, seal the valve and pressure cook on HIGH for 5 mins (large cauliflower) & 3 mins (small cauliflower). Once the cooking cycle is over the IP will begin to beep, immediately perform a quick pressure release by moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position. Open the lid carefully when the metal pin drops.
- Slice & Serve: With the help of heat proof mittens gently full out the metal trivet along with the whole cauliflower. You'll have an amazing sauce at the bottom of the pot. Drizzle the sauce on top of the cauliflower head. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
- Is the recipe spicy? Yes, today’s recipe is slightly spicy. If you do not prefer spicy food skip the red pepper flakes and the cayenne from the recipe.
- Small whole cauliflower head cook time: 3 mins high pressure followed by quick pressure release.
- Large whole cauliflower head cook time (today’s recipe): 5 mins high pressure followed by quick pressure release.
- How to wash Organic Cauliflower: Remove the stalks and soak the whole cauliflower head in a large bowl of hot water + 1 tsp salt. Soak it for 30 mins. Rinse well. Pat dry the whole cauliflower head with kitchen tissues and follow the recipe.
- How to wash Inorganic Cauliflower: Remove the stalks and soak the whole cauliflower head in a large bowl of water + 1 tsp vinegar or 1 tsp baking soda and let it rest for 30 mins. Rinse well several times under running tap water. Pat dry the whole cauliflower and follow the recipe. This process will help strip down all the harmful pesticides & insecticides from the cauliflower head.
- Small Cauliflower head: If using a small cauliflower head you might have some leftover marinade because today’s recipe uses a large cauliflower head and hence, the ingredients measurements are according to that.