Bang Bang Sauce Recipe with Mayo tastes even better than BoneFish Grill’s Bang Bang Shrimp Sauce. This sauce is sweet, spicy, super creamy & silky. You’ll love it as a dipping or drizzling sauce for so many dishes, especially Bang Bang Chicken & Bang Bang Shrimp.
Bang Bang Sauce
This BoneFish Grill inspired sauce is irresistibly good. The spicy sweet taste & the creamy texture of the Bang Bang Sauce compliments a variety of vegetable, meat & fish dishes. You can even toss it with pasta and use a good amount in Poke.
You’ll love it with a huge variety of savory dishes, it’s super addictive like this Yum Yum Sauce.
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements way below the post on the “Recipe Card“. The list below is just a reference.
- Mayonnaise: Use your favorite brand. Just use the real stuff 😀
- Sweet Chili Sauce: This sauce is so delish all by itself. We love the uber sweet and spicy taste. This is the only sauce that makes BoneFish Grill’s Bang Bang sauce the best.
- Sriracha Sauce: Makes the sauce spicy. I love this sweet spicy sauce slightly on the spicy side. If you do not prefer spicy food omit the sriracha from the recipe.
- Honey: It adds an incredible sweetness and makes the sauce finger-licking good. If you prefer the sauce slightly on the sweeter side you can always increase the amount of honey.
- Paprika: Adds a bit of smokiness to the sauce. It’s an optional ingredient.
Tips & Tricks
- Taste the Sauce as you go mixing: Now the sauce that we made is slightly on the spicy side. You can control the spice level by either omitting the sriracha or adding it in bits, taste the sauce and than add more if you love the taste. Sriracha adds a great depth of flavor.
- Sweet Bang Bang Sauce: If you prefer the sauce on the sweeter side you may slightly increase the amount of honey. Again, I would increase the amount in bits instead of dumping a huge amount at the same time.
- Spicy Bang Bang Sauce: You can make the sauce spicy by increasing the amount of sriracha sauce. We love the sauce sweet and spicy.
- Rest the sauce: Allow the flavors to blend well & saturate. Rest the sauce for a few hours covered in the fridge. I generally make it the night before I plan to serve and keep it covered in the fridge over-night.
- If you make it accidentally very spicy: Add a few drops of lemon/lime juice and mix well. Allow the sauce to rest for 10-15 mins. You won’t believe how well the juice acts to slash down the heat!
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements way below the post on the “Recipe Card“.
Gather all ingredients in a bowl except the sriracha sauce (spicy sauce) and mix well with the help of a hand whisk or a fork. Gradually add the sriracha in slots. That way you can control the spice level. The final sauce must have a smooth silky flowy texture.
It’s very important that you taste the sauce as you go mixing the ingredients and adjust the ingredients according to your taste preference. We love it spicy & sweet and that’s how we made today’s recipe.
Store Bang Bang Sauce in moisture free airtight containers and keep them in the fridge. The sauce should last for upto 10 days in the refrigerator.
No Bang Bang Sauce is not the same as Yum Yum Sauce.
No Boom Boom Sauce is not the same as Bang Bang Sauce.
Bang Bang Sauce Recipe with MayoPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- Take all the Ingredients mentioned above in a clean bowl and mix well with the help of a hand whisk or a fork until well blended. The sauce should have a smooth, creamy and flowy texture.
- Measuring Units Used, 1 cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- How does the sauce taste like? Todays Bang Bang Sauce is sweet and spicy. I would say it’s slightly on the spicy side. That’s how we love it.
- Sriracha Sauce: If you do not prefer spicy food than reduce the amount of sriracha sauce. I would recommend that you add the sriracha sauce in bits and taste the sauce as you mix well. Add more if you prefer.
- For Best Flavors: Allow the sauce to rest fro a while in the fridge before serving this helps the flavors to blend well.
- Spicy Bang Bang Sauce: Add 3-4 tbsp sriracha sauce instead of just 2 tbsp. This will make the sauce very spicy! Yum!