These Spicy Garlic Wings are damn GOOD just like the Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings! Spicy, hot, slightly sweet & sour crispy wings straight from the oven.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Recipe Video
- 2 Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings
- 3 Spicy Garlic Wings Recipe Ingredients
- 4 What does Spicy Garlic Wings taste like?
- 5 Tips to bake Ultra Crispy Chicken Wings in the oven
- 6 How to make Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce?
- 7 How long can you store Copycat Spicy Chicken wings?
- 8 Can you freeze the copycat Buffalo wild wings chicken wings?
- 9 How to make Spicy Garlic Wings? Step by Step
- 10 Spicy Garlic Wings
Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings
I am super excited to announce that todays recipe is a copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings recipe that’s spot on perfect.
No more trips to Buffalo Wild Wings!
This easy Copycat Chicken Wings recipe is a keeper.
It’ll save you some serious money & give you the damn good Buffalo Wild Wings flavor.
Oh! the chicken wings are less on calories too.
As they are not deep fried & not greasy but extremely crispy.
The recipe secret lies in the sauce & how you bake the wings to make them crispy just like the deep fried ones.
The hot spicy garlic sauce infused with garlic butter & with a slight hint of sweetness is to die for.
A single whiff of the simmering sauce is enough to make you drool.
Delicious, luxuriously perfect, a good smelling, lip-smacking sauce is how I love to describe my Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic sauce.
It’s super easy to make. Simmer all the ingredients together & that’s how easy it is.
In fact the entire recipe of Copycat Garlic chicken Wings is a quick one. Perfect to feed a huge crowd as you can make the spicy garlic sauce ahead of time.
Once the lip-smacking good Spicy garlic sauce is ready just toss the baked crispy chicken wings for a fabulous wings experience & devour as fast as you can 😀
Spicy Garlic Wings Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken Wings: Flats & drumettes.
- For marinating the wings: Vinegar, canola oil, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper powder & baking powder.
- For the Buffalo Wild wings spicy garlic sauce: Butter, chopped garlic, Worchester sauce, honey, cayenne pepper powder, crushed black pepper.
Pro Tip: I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. You can use any cayenne pepper sauce for todays Spicy Chicken wings recipe.
What does Spicy Garlic Wings taste like?
These copycat Wings are spicy, hot, garlicky with a hint of sweetness & a bit of sour taste. The wings are crispy & the sauce is finger licking good.
The flavors are well balanced & it’s not blazing hot.
Tips to bake Ultra Crispy Chicken Wings in the oven
Wings that are not deep fried are not boring at all.
You can make them as crispy as the deep fried ones.
And the secret ingredient that will help you to have the maximum crunch factor is Baking powder 😉
You have to apply it as a dry rub on the wings along with the other ingredients and than bake the chicken wings in the oven at high temperature of 425 F, 20 mins on each side.
If you want them super crispy do sprinkle some baking powder on the marinated chicken wings just before popping them in the oven.
Voila! Ultra crispy chicken wings ready. They won’t come out soggy or steamed but as crispy as their deep fried counterparts.
How to make Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce?
It all boils down to the Sauce. Spicy Garlic Sauce that tastes just like Buffalo Wild Wings.
You need to make todays spicy garlic sauce in two easy steps:
- First make a garlic infused butter sauce. Simmer chopped or minced garlic with butter until the garlic just turns golden. Strain and discard the garlic. We will be using that lovely garlicky butter.
- Than simmer together cayenne pepper sauce ( I used Franks hot sauce), Worchester sauce, honey, crushed black pepper, cayenne pepper powder & the garlic infused butter for 3 mins.
That’s all you need to do. The copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic sauce is completely ready for the crispy baked chicken wings.
Pro Tip: You can even store the spicy garlic sauce in the fridge for 5 days in an air tight container. Use it after warming it up in the micro wave oven.
How long can you store Copycat Spicy Chicken wings?
Well, these copycat Buffalo wild wings spicy chicken wings taste best when served hot immediately after tossing them in the sauce.
If you wait for too long the wings soak up the sauce & begin to become soggy. You can no longer feel that extra crispness at all.
But you can certainly store the sauce in an air tight bottle for about 5 days in the fridge.
Bake the wings the day you want to serve them. Warm up the sauce from the fridge and just toss the wings when ready to serve.
Can you freeze the copycat Buffalo wild wings chicken wings?
I would not recommend to freeze them because when thawed & re-heated they loose all the crispness and become soggy & dull.
Try some more easy recipes from Foodies Terminal.
How to make Spicy Garlic Wings? Step by Step
Steps in words below pictures
How to make Spicy garlic Wings? Step by Step
- Marinate the Chicken Wings
Begin by washing and patting dry the chicken wings completely. Than marinate them with the vinegar, oil, baking powder, onion & garlic powder, cayenne pepper powder.
- Arrange the marinated wings on a baking tray
Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, place a cookie rack and arrange the marinated wings without over crowding. Sprinkle some more baking powder on the top of the wings.
- Bake at 425F
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 425 F for 40 mins. Turn side after 20 mins.
- Prepare the garlic butter sauce
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic & cook until they just turn golden. Strain the butter & discard the garlic.
- Make the Buffalo Wild Wings copycat Spicy Garlic Sauce
In a saucepan add the cayenne pepper sauce, Worchester sauce, black pepper powder, cayenne pepper powder, honey & the garlic infused butter sauce. Whisk everything together and boil for just 3 mins. The spicy garlic sauce is ready.
- Coat the baked wings with the spicy garlic sauce
Take the spicy garlic sauce in a bowl and than add the crispy baked wings into it. Mix well until the wings are well coated with the sauce. Serve hot immediately.
Don’t miss one of the most popular Recipe from this blog.
Spicy Garlic Wings
For marinating the Chicken Wings
How to flash marinate the chicken wings?
- Begin by washing the chicken wings well. Than pat them completely dry with the help of kitchen towels. There should not be any water left on the wings.
- Add all the ingredients from the list “For marinating the chicken wings” above. Give the wings a good rub with all the ingredients.
- Layer a baking tray with aluminum foil and set a cookie rack on top of the tray.
- Arrange all the marinated chicken wings without over crowding. Sprinkle some more baking powder on top of the wings.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 F. Bake the wings for 20 mins on each side in the pre heated oven. That means 40 mins baking time in total.
How to make the copycat Buffalo Wild Wings spicy garlic sauce?
- Set a saucepan over medium heat. Add butter & when the butter begins to melt add the chopped or minced garlic, stir & simmer until the garlic begins to turn just golden. Turn off the heat & strain the garlic infused butter. Discard the garlic.
- Next, set a saucepan over medium heat and add all the ingredients mentioned in the list above ” For the Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce “. Add the garlic infused butter to the saucepan. Whisk well so that all the ingredients are uniformly distributed to form a sauce. Simmer the sauce for 2-3 mins stirring frequently. Turn off the flame.
How to make the Spicy Garlic Wings?
- Bring out the crispy hot wings from the oven. Keep the sauce that you just made in a large bowl.
- With the help of a tong carefully move the crispy oven baked chicken wings from the tray to the bowl containing the sauce. Toss them well so that the wings are nicely coated with the spicy garlic sauce. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
- Measuring Units used, 1 cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
- Caution: Cayenne pepper sauce is really spicy so I would recommend that you do the test taste first & add the sauce according to your spice tolerance level. It’s better to begin adding less & test it first and than add more if required.
- Note: We love our chicken wings spicy & that’s how we made it. They are not blazing hot but spicy.
- You can add more honey to balance off the spice level.
- I used organic chicken wings, they are on the smaller side & I made todays recipe with 9 wings in total. You may double or triple this recipe. It works wonderfully well.
- Do not miss any ingredient in todays recipe. Each ingredient is highly recommended to get the exact Buffalo Wild Wings taste.
- I would greatly recommend that you prepare the garlic infused butter. It sure does makes a lot of difference. You won’t get the authentic taste if you sub this step with garlic powder.
- If you are totally in no mood to make the garlic infused butter you may sub it with 2 tbsp canola oil + 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder.
- Toss the oven baked hot wings immediately in the sauce & serve them right away. This will guarantee very crispy wings.
Pin it for later!5