Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp gets done in only 15 mins! Make it with our homemade Salt-free Cajun seasoning for the best flavor and air fry some veggies along with it to make it a complete meal. Your whole family will love this easy & delicious fried Cajun shrimp recipe!
Cajun Shrimp Grilled
Imagine the flavors of grilled cajun shrimp, you’ll get the exact same flavor in this air fried version. The smoky flavor is so good & so addictive! The shrimp always turns out nice & juicy, no more rubbery overcooked shrimp. And no more mushy veggies, they are cooked through with a slight crunch in every bite!
We love the combo of zucchini, yellow squash & red bell pepper in this recipe. This trio combo is a huge hit when tossed with our homemade cajun seasoning & air fried along with the shrimp. You’ll have a fantastic quick & healthy dinner ready in no time!
If you love spicy cajun shrimp do add more heat to your homemade cajun seasoning. Our version is mildly spicy.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements at the bottom of the post. The list below is just a reference.
- Shrimp: Jumbo, Extra large and colossal shrimp are our favorite picks for this recipe. We prefer de-shelled & de-veined shrimp with tails intact. You can also use shrimp without tails. It’s economical to buy the frozen shrimp, thaw and than use them.
- Veggies: Red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, zucchini & yellow squash is what we used. You can also yellow or red onion diced into large squares for some extra flavor and crunch. You can also use green or yellow bell pepper. The veggies cook very well along with the shrimp. They do not turn mushy and also has a a bit of crunch left.
- Homemade Salt-free Cajun Seasoning: Our homemade recipe is outstanding with so much good flavor. It’s easy and stores very well too. I use it often to make Instant pot cajun chicken and rice, Instant pot dirty rice.
- Other seasonings: Sweet paprika and salt according to your own personal taste preference.
- Olive Oil: We always prefer using either extra light or light olive oil or avocado oil. However, you can use other neutral oils also like canola, sunflower, vegetable oil.
- Best shrimp: Use colossal, extra large or jumbo shrimp for best results. Avoid using small, medium or large shrimp, they will shrink a lot. We love using frozen thawed de-shelled de-veined shrimp. They are economical as compared to fresh shrimp. If you prefer shrimp without tails do use them to make this recipe.
- Cajun Seasoning amount: We love lots of flavor in our food so 2.5 tablespoons homemade cajun seasoning is just perfect for this air fryer cajun shrimp and vegetables recipe. If you prefer milder flavor add about 1.5 tablespoons cajun seasoning.
- Uniform cooking: For uniform cooking do shake the air fryer basket about 2 times every 3-4 mins or so.
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp: Today’s recipe has a subtle kick but it’s not spicy. For extra heat add 2 tsp red pepper flakes or ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper along with the other ingredients.
How to make Cajun Shrimp in air fryer?
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements + Video at the bottom of the post.
Step #1 Toss shrimp veggies with seasoning
- Season the shrimp: Place the de-shelled de-veined thawed or fresh shrimp (with or without tails) in a large bowl. Add the cajun seasoning and paprika and toss the shrimp to coat well. Add the veggies & olive oil and toss well to coat everything well.
Step #2 Air fry & serve
- Air fry: Air fry the cajun shrimp and vegetables at 390 F for 12 mins. The cook time might slightly vary depending on your air fryer model. I have tested this recipe using a Bella air fryer and also the instant pot air fryer lid. Serve the air fryer cajun shrimp immediately.
Fridge: You can store this fried Cajun shrimp recipe for up to 5 days in the fridge. Use air tight containers to store it. Follow the reheating directions shared below.
Freezer: I would not recommend freezing it as the veggies might not hold up well and become soggy when thawed and reheated. Moreover, it’s so easy to make fresh and also tastes the best.
Air Fryer: You can reheat this air fryer cajun shrimp in a pre-heated air fryer (390 F) for 3-4 mins.
Microwave: Reheat it in the microwave oven for 2-3 mins or until heated through.
Skillet: Set a skillet over medium high heat and reheat the cajun shrimp and vegetables until heated through. Stir frequently to avoid burning the dish.
You can enjoy this cajun fried shrimp recipe with vegetables as a complete meal. It’s a wholesome meal as such because it contains so many colorful vegetables. You can also serve it with Perfect instant pot jasmine rice, this 15 minute instant pot Mexican rice , Chipotle cilantro lime rice instant pot or any seasoned rice.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! If you try this Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I would love to hear how it turned out for you, or any changes you make. You can also follow me on Pinterest or subscribe our free NEWLETTER for new recipes every week!
Air Fryer Cajun ShrimpPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 20 Shrimp (**de-shelled, de-veined cleaned fresh or thawed shrimp with tails intact. Use colossal, extra large or Jumbo shrimp.)
- 1 cup yellow squash (**diced into thin half moons. Refer the video or step photos above.)
- 1 cup zucchini (**diced into thin half moons. Refer the video or step photos above.)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (**diced into ½ inch cubes.)
- ½ cup orange bell pepper (**diced into ½ inch cubes.)
- 2.5 tbsp Cajun Seasoning (**homemade salt free cajun seasoning. DON'T miss this fabulous recipe, it lasts long too!)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt (to taste) (**add according to your own personal taste preference.)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (**use extra light or light olive oil.)
Season shrimp & Veggies
- Place the de-shelled de-veined thawed or fresh shrimp (with or without tails) in a large bowl. Add the cajun seasoning, sweet paprika & salt according to your personal taste preference. Toss the shrimp to coat well. Add the veggies & olive oil and toss everything in the bowl. The shrimp and veggies should have a nice coating of all the seasonings.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 390 F. Next, coat the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray and transfer the shrimp and veggies into the basket, spreas them out into an even layer with the help of your sptaula. It's perfectly ok if few veggies and shrimp overlap.
- Air fry the cajun shrimp and vegetables at 390 F for 12 mins shaking the basket half way through. The cook time might slightly vary depending on your air fryer brand and model. I have tested this recipe using a Bella air fryer and also the instant pot air fryer lid. Serve the air fryer cajun shrimp immediately.
- Shrimp Size matters: Use either Colossal, Jumbo or Extra large shrimp. You can use thawed frozen shrimp or fresh ones. We prefer to keep the tails intact. However, you can use shrimp with tails off. Always use de-shelled, de-veined and clean shrimp.
- Extra spicy Cajun shrimp: Add about ½ tsp cayenne or red pepper flakes for a spicy flavor.
- Salt: Add salt according to your own personal taste preference.
- Olive oil: You can sub it with any neutral oils like canola, sunflower, avocado, vegetable oil.