Air Fryer Garlic Bread with lots of buttery garlicky flavor, golden crispy edges and soft insides is so easy to make in just 5 mins in the air fryer! Your whole family will love this garlic bread air fryer recipe made with French baguette or French loaf!
Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
You just need 5 ingredients to make the best garlic bread in the air fryer! It tastes much better than any restaurant, stores well, reheats well and can be made ahead too.
This garlic bread baguette is the perfect party appetizer just as such or an addictive accompaniment for your soups, pasta dinners or even salads.
You can totally control the cook time and end up with your favorite texture - soft and slightly chewy or golden crispy and chewy! Our garlic bread in air fryer is the best of both worlds. You'll get a golden crispy outer edges with soft chewy insides. They are so garlicky, buttery and slightly cheesy.
You'll enjoy this easy garlic bread on it's own. Grab a bowl of your favorite marinara sauce and dunk them in for the best snack experience!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements at the bottom of the post. The list below is just a reference.
- Bread: We used a French baguette cut into ½ inch round slices. You can also use French Loaf if you like the texture of Texas toast. That'll give you roasted garlic bread with a similar texture.
- Garlic: Use freshly minced garlic for the best flavor. Do not use garlic powder or minced garlic from the bottle.
- Butter: Soft butter. This will make the best compound butter.
- Cheese: Grated parmesan cheese. This will take this cheese garlic bread recipe to a whole new level. You can grate the cheese from a block or use pre-shredded cheese.
- Herbs: We used freshly minced parsley. You can also sub it with dried parsley. Or use both in the 50:50 ratio.
Tips for success
- DIY garlic bread texture: Air fry for 3 or 4 mins for a soft texture and 5 mins for a crispy and chewy texture. You can also use a day old baguette for a more chewy texture.
- Cheesy texture: Add about ½ cup shredded mozzarella along with the parmesan cheese. The cook time would remain the same.
- Best flavor: Use freshly minced garlic for the best garlic bread recipe. Using garlic powder would not give you the same restaurant like flavor.
- Serving tips: For the best homemade garlic bread texture allow the bread to cool for 2-3 mins and than serve immediately. Do not wait for too long otherwise the garlic bread will become hard.
- Crispy golden edges: Do lay the garlic bread in a single layer in the air fryer and do not overcrowd. Air needs to circulate around the bread to give you the best crispy golden edges on all sides.
- Frozen garlic bread in air fryer: Cook frozen garlic bread in a 350 F pre-heated air fryer for 8-10 mins. You can also bake them in a 400 f pre-heated oven for 10-15 mins. No need to thaw the bread prior to air frying or baking.
- Vegan garlic bread: You can make this recipe vegan with so much ease. Just replace the butter with your favorite vegan butter and either skip the parmesan cheese or replace it with its vegan counterpart.
- Air fryer cook times: We tested this recipe using the instant vortex air fryer, Bella air fryer and also using the instant pot air fryer lid. You might need to slightly adjust the cook time depending on your air fryer make, model and brand!
How to make garlic bread in air fryer?
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements + Video at the bottom of the post.
Step #1 Make garlic butter
- Make garlic butter: Add all garlic butter ingredients in a bowl. Mix with a spoon or fork to form a spreadable consistency garlic butter.
- Prep Baguette: Cut the whole baguette into ½ inch round slices. Spread the garlic butter on all baguette slices with the help of a spoon.
Step #2 Air Fry homemade garlic bread
- Air fry garlic bread: Layer the garlic bread in a 350 F pre-heated air fryer in a single layer and air fry for 3-4 mins for softer garlic bread and 5 mins for crispy golden edged garlic bread with a slightly chewy texture.
Garlic Bread in oven
Don't have an air fryer? No problem, make this recipe in the oven:
- Prep the baguette: Cut the baguette into ½ inch rounds. Spread a thick layer of the garlic butter on one side.
- Bake: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and layer the baguette slices with butter side facing up in a single layer. Leave about ¼ inch gap between the bread slices. Bake in a 350 F pre-heated oven for about 10-12 mins or until the top becomes bubbly and the edges golden and crispy. Serve after 2 mins and enjoy!
You can serve this cheese garlic bread recipe with your favorite pasta dinners like this Instant pot ravioli, instant pot cajun chicken pasta, instant pot crack chicken pasta. We also love it with our Instant pot tortellini and this amazing instant pot pork chops and potatoes.
Soups are also great choices to enjoy this garlic cheese bread recipe. Check out our favorite instant pot soups.
You can also serve this garlic bread baguette as an appetizer or snack with a bowl of marinara sauce.
Leftovers and storage
Fridge: Store the leftovers in the fridge in air tight containers for up to 5 days. Follow the reheating directions shared below.
Freezer: You can freeze these garlic bread air fryer recipe for upto 3 months. Freeze the breads individually on a parchment lined baking sheet first and than pop them in a zip lock bag. This way the individual pieces won't stick together and form a clump. You can easily thaw as many pieces as you want and than reheat them. So convenient and easy!
How to reheat
Air fryer: Reheat the garlic bread in a 350 F pre-heated air fryer for 1-2 mins or until warm. Heating it for a long time will make the bread super chewy and hard. Serve immediately!
Microwave oven: Reheat the cheesy garlic bread in the microwave oven on high for just 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
You can add either parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese or both on garlic bread. You will also love herbs like parsley, basil and even oregano on garlic bread. You can top it with roasted cherry tomatoes, beans, tender roasted asparagus or a medley of roasted veggies to transform it into a complete meal.
You can use any of these crusty bread for good result - Italian bread, French loaf, French baguette, or even a sourdough loaf or baguette.
Garlic bread would take about 3-4-5 mins in a 350 F pre-heated air fryer. 3-4 mins for a softer texture and 5 mins for a golden crispy and chewy texture.
Yes, you can cook garlic bread from frozen either in an air fryer or in the oven.
Some instant pot soups to go with garlic bread
- Instant pot Panera broccoli cheddar soup.
- Instant pot tortellini soup.
- Instant pot chicken corn chowder.
- Lemon chicken orzo soup instant pot.
- Instant pot easy lasagna soup.
- Instant pot stuffed pepper soup with sausage.
- Instant pot chicken wild rice soup.
- Creamy chicken tortilla soup instant pot.
- Unstuffed cabbage roll soup instant pot.
- Instant pot cheesy potato soup.
- Chicken Gnocchi soup instant pot.
- Chilis chicken enchilada soup instant pot.
- Creamy chicken tortellini soup.
- Instant pot creamy chicken noodle soup.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! If you try this Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I would love to hear how it turned out for you, or any changes you make. You can also follow me on Pinterest or subscribe our free NEWLETTER for new recipes every week!
Air Fryer Garlic BreadPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 1 baguette (**whole baguette cut into ½ inch thick round slices. You can use sourdough baguette also.)
- 2 tbsp garlic (**minced.)
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter (**you can use salted butter also. Use softened butter.)
- ¾ cups Parmesan Cheese (**grated from a block or pre-shredded.)
- 3 tbsp Parsley (**fresh parsley finely chopped. If using dried parsley use only 2 tablespoons.)
- Cut the whole baguette into ½ inch thick round slices. You'll get about 18 pieces. Set them aside.
Make the garlic butter
- Add sofetened butter into a bowl. Than, add the garlic, parmesan cheese and the parsley and mix well to form a spreadable garlic butter.
Prep garlic bread
- Spread the garlic butter onto sliced baguettes. We love a thick layer of garlic butter. Repeat this step until you are done spreading the butter on all the sliced baguettes.
Air fry garlic bread
- Pre-heat air fryer at 350 F for 3 mins. Layer the garlic bread (garlic butter side facing up) into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure that there's some space between each bread slice, do not over crowd them. Air fry at 350 F for 3- 4 mins for softer garlic bread and for 5 mins for crispy golden edged garlic bread with a slightly chewy texture. We love the later!
- Wait for 2-3 mins and than serve the air fryer garlic bread. Enjoy!
- Breads for garlic bread: You can use any good crusty bread like sourdough, Italian bread, French loaf or French Baguette.
- Cheese: You can skip the cheese if you want to. In that case use only 4 tablespoons butter.
- Cheesy garlic bread: Add about ½ cup shredded mozzarella along with the ½ cup parmesan cheese for a cheesy garlic bread recipe.
- Garlic bread herbs: You can add parsley and dried basil or just parsley (fresh or dried). If using dried parsley use only 2 tablespoons.
- Make ahead freezing instruction: If you want to make it ahead of time than do freeze the garlic bread before air frying them. This how we do it - spread the garlic butter on each baguette slices, lay them on a parchment layered baking sheet in a single layer (do not overcrowd) and freeze them for 3-4 hours. Take them out of the freezer and pop them in a zip lock bag. Store them back in the freezer for 2-3 months. You can take as many pieces as you want and than directly air fry them in a 350 F pre-heated air fryer for 10-12 mins. No need to thaw them first!
- Cook time: We tested this recipe in our instant vortex air fryer, Bella air fryer and also using the instant pot air fryer lid. You might slightly have to adjust the cook time depending on your air fryer make, model and brand,