Instant Pot Pork Chops and Potatoes is a fantastic all-in-one meal that you can make under 30 mins & with pantry ingredients. Your whole family will love this honey mustard pork chops recipe. The boneless pork chops doused in a sweet & tangy honey mustard sauce is to die for!
Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Pork chops and potatoes in instant pot is a breeze to make. No more dry and over cooked pork chops and no more mushy potatoes ever again. The boneless pork chops are briefly seared to lock in moisture and elevate the flavors manifold.
You can make this instant pot boneless pork chops and potatoes in just 30 mins. Bonus - the super addictive honey mustard pork chops marinade/glaze. You might just want to make a double batch soon!
Easy boneless pork chops recipes are a must have just like this instant pot pork adobo recipe. They are great for busy weeknight dinners & tastes amazing too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements at the bottom of the post. The list below is just a reference.
One pan pork chops and potatoes recipes are my favorite! They are so easy to make and filled with so good flavors. Here's what you'll need to make it:
- Pork Chops: I used boneless pork chops. However, you can use bone-in pork chops. Add 2 additional mins to the cook time.
- Potatoes: I used baby gold potatoes halved. You can use regular Yukon gold potatoes or yellow potatoes. Dice them into 1 inch cubes.
- Pork Chops seasoning: Sweet paprika, ground black pepper & salt according to your personal taste preference. You can also add about ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper for heat. I skipped the cayenne here!
- Aromatics: Shallots & minced garlic. The shallots add a mellowed down sweet yet sharp flavor. You can sub it with yellow onion or even use 1 teaspoon onion powder (add it while making the honey mustard sauce). You can sub the garlic with ½ teaspoon garlic powder (add it while making the honey mustard sauce).
- Honey Mustard Sauce: Honey, dijon mustard (you'll get it in the mustard aisle, look for "dijon" printed on the bottle), whole grain mustard (not mustard powder or whole seeds, you'll get this in the mustard aisle too. You can buy any brand). Sweet paprika, thyme, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes for a subtle kick. Skip the red pepper flakes if you are heat intolerant or making this recipe for kids.
- Cooking fat: Butter & olive oil. Use extra light or light olive oil.
- Lemon Juice: Acts as a meat tenderizer in this recipe.
- Sear pork chops: Sear the pork chops briefly until golden to prevent them form drying. This will help lock the moisture and keep the chops tender & juicy. It'll also boost the flavors of the dish. Do not sear the chops for a long time, they'll turn dry and chewy.
- Honey Mustard Sauce: To make the sauce extra spicy add about 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. I used red pepper flakes for a subtle kick.
- Honey mustard sauce consistency: You can control the consistency of the sauce and keep it either thick or thin. We prefer a slightly thicker sticky sauce and hence, I simmered the sauce after the pressure cooking cycle to thicken it. You can skip this step if you prefer slightly thinner sauce.
- Sweet Paprika: Sweet paprika is a must in this recipe. DO NOT use smoked paprika. If you prefer a light colored golden sauce add less paprika than mentioned in the recipe. We prefer a caramelized sauce with rich dark shades.
- Bone-in pork chops: You can use bone-in pork chops about ¼ inch thick. I will add an additional 2 mins to the cook time and follow the exact same recipe.
How to make pork chops and potatoes in instant pot?
Find the detailed step by step recipe along with measurements + Video at the bottom of the post.
- Season pork chops: Pat dry the pork chops, drizzle lemon or lime juice on both sides and rub well. Sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning and rub well to coat the chops. Set them aside.
- Sear pork chops: Heat butter and olive oil on Sauté mode set at normal heat setting and briefly sear the seasoned chops both sides until golden in color. Set them aside.
- Deglaze pot: Pour water and deglaze the pot very well with the help of a spatula scraping the sides and the bottom of the pot. This will help loosen any stuck food particles and shall prevent the BURN error. DO NOT rush this step! CANCEL the SAUTE mode.
- Make honey mustard sauce: Whisk together the Dijon & whole grain mustard, honey & the seasonings in a small bowl to make the honey mustard sauce.
- Layer potatoes: Add shallot & garlic. Give everything a quick stir. Now, add the halved baby gold potatoes. Spread them out into a single layer with the help of a spatula. Pour the honey mustard sauce and give everything a quick stir.
- Pressure cook: Layer the seared pork chops on top of the potatoes. DO NOT stir or mix. Pressure cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 mins followed by a quick pressure release. Remove the pork chops from the pot and keep them on a plate.
- Thicken sauce (optional): Hit the sauté mode and set it on LOW heat. Simmer the sauce to thicken it. This step is totally optional. If you prefer thinner sauce no need to thicken the sauce.
What side is good with pork chops?
Though todays pork chops in electric pressure cooker recipe is a complete meal yet you can serve the following to make it a wholesome dinner:
- Instant pot steamed carrots.
- Instant pot steamed broccoli.
- Instant pot green beans no steamer basket.
- Instant pot beets.
- A light crisp salad.
- A crusty bread like a sour dough or French baguette - soak the bread with the awesome honey mustard sauce!
You can store the instant pot boneless pork chops and potatoes for up to 5 days in the fridge. Use air tight containers to store it.
Microwave oven: Reheat the honey mustard pork chops and potatoes in the microwave oven until warm or hot, about 2-3 mins.
Stove-top: Reheat the instant pot pork chops and potatoes in a skillet over medium high heat stirring often until warm or hot. Sprinkle a few teaspoons water to adjust the right consistency of the honey mustard sauce while reheating the dish.
Instant pot pork chops turn out dry when the chops are over cooked. It's very important to season the pork chops well, sear them briefly to help lock moisture and to nail the perfect cook time.
You can avoid overcooking pork chops in instant pot by seasoning them well and searing them briefly before pressure cooking them. This will help lock moisture and keep the pork chops tender and juicy. You need to also avoid pressure cooking them for a long time.
You can tenderize pork chops either by marinating them in buttermilk for 1 hour or by marinating them in lemon or lime juice for at least 30 minutes. The acid penetrates the meat and breaks down the protein which tenderizes the pork chops.
You can cook thin pork chops without drying them out by coating them with flour and searing them over medium heat first and than either bake them or pressure cook them in the instant pot briefly. This will help lock the moisture and keep the chops nice and juicy.
Cook briefly seared Boneless center cut pork chops ( ½ inch) for 5 mins on high pressure, briefly seared boneless center cut thick pork chops (1 inch) for 7 mins on high pressure, briefly seared bone-in pork chops (½ inch) for 7 mins on high pressure and briefly seared bone-in thick pork chops (1 inch) for 9 mins on high pressure.
More one pot Dinners
- Instant pot chicken thigs and white rice.
- Instant pot cajun chicken and rice.
- Instant pot sausage and rice.
- Easy instant pot Jambalaya.
I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! If you try this Instant pot pork chops and potatoes recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment and rate it below. I would love to hear how it turned out for you, or any changes you make. You can also follow me on Pinterest or subscribe our free NEWLETTER for new recipes every week!
Instant Pot Pork Chops and PotatoesPrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- 1 pound Boneless Pork Chops (**4 boneless pork chops each about ½ inch thick.)
- 1 pound baby potatoes (**I used unpeeled baby gold potatoes halved.)
- ⅓ cup Shallots (**roughly chopped.)
- 1.5 tsp garlic (**minced.)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (**use extra light or light olive oil.)
- ½ cup Water
Pork chops rub
Prep boneless Pork Chops
- Take all ingredients mentioned above in the "Pork Chops Rub" section in a small bowl and whisk well. Place the boneless pork chops on a plate drizzle lemon juice, rub well. Sprinkle the pork chops rub on both sides of the pork chops and massage well with the help of your fingers to coat the chops very well. Set them aside.
Sear pork chops
- Set instant pot on SAUTE mode set on NORMAL heat, add butter & olive oil. When the butter begins to melt add the pork chops and briefly sear them both sides until golden brown. Once done, set them aside on a plate. There will be lots of brown bits stuck at the bottom of the pot, that's ok, we'll be deglaze the pot in the next step. Also, the brown bits will add more flavor to the sauce.
- Pour the water and deglaze the pot well by scraping the sides and the bottom of the pot with the help of a spatula. You need to make sure to loosen any stuck food particles from the bottom of the pot to prevent the burn error! DO NOT rush this step. CANCEL the SAUTE mode once done.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients mentioned above in the "Honey Mustard Sauce" section and whisk them well to make the delicious honey mustard sauce. Set it aside.
- Throw in the chopped shallots and minced garlic into the pot. Add the halved baby gold potatoes and pour the honey mustard sauce. Give everything a good mix and spread the potatoes in a single layer with the help of your spatula. Layer the seared pork chops on top of the potatoes. DO NOT mix or stir.
- Secure the lid of the instant pot, seal the valve and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is over the instant pot will begin to beep perform an immediate quick pressure release manually by moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position. Once the metal floating pin on top of the lid drops open the lid carefully. CANCEL the PRESSURE COOK mode.
Simmer sauce to thicken (optional)
- Transfer the cooked pork chops on a plate. Hit the SAUTE mode and set it on LOW heat. Simmer the honey mustard sauce to thicken it. You can totally skip this step if you prefer lighter thinner sauce. Once, the sauce is thickened as per your liking serve the boneless pork chops and potatoes along with the delicious honey mustard sauce. Enjoy! Scroll up to see the Best Tips , Ingredients substitutions, detailed recipe step photos.
- Is this recipe spicy? It's not spicy. It has a subtle kick. You'll love it! However, if you are making this for kids or for someone who is heat intolerant just skip adding the red pepper flakes.
- Can I use regular potatoes? Yes, you can use regular gold or Yukon gold potatoes diced into 1-1.5 inch cubes. You can use peeled or unpeeled potatoes.
- Can I use bone-in pork chops? You can use bone-in pork chops about ¼ inch thick. I will add an additional 2 mins to the cook time and follow the exact same recipe.
- Rubbery chewy pork chops: Over searing the pork chops will result in tough, rubbery & chewy pork chops. Briefly sear the chops always!