Sweet Dalia Recipe aka Cracked Wheat Porridge is a spectacular way to kickstart mornings. Make this 3 ingredients healthy bowl of Sweet Dalia in your Instant Pot & get a nutritious, effortless breakfast ready for your family under 15 mins! Sounds awesome right? Watch the Video recipe of Instant Pot Cracked Wheat Porridge, we have you covered with a stove top method too!
Instant Pot Cracked Wheat Porridge
The Sweet Dalia Recipe or Instant Pot Cracked Wheat Porridge helps me start my mornings in a great way like this Daliya Khichdi recipe in Instant Pot which makes our lunch meal so cozy!
If you love quick, filling & comforting breakfast recipe just like us than you’ll love this 3 ingredient super simple & super satisfying Cracked wheat porridge.
And the best part of this recipe is that it’s not overly sweet.Though you can make it a little more sweet anytime you want to!
Sweetened with honey & cooked in milk, slightly chewy pieces of Dalia or cracked wheat is what you’ll have in a bowl.
And you’ll enjoy this Sweet Dalia recipe both hot or cold!
If you are Lactose intolerant switch over to almond milk, cashew milk, rice milk, soy milk or completely skip adding any milk at all. Instead cook the porridge with water.
Don’t you love a super versatile & customizable recipe that opens the door to so many possibilities?
If you are a busy person in mornings grab your Instant pot to do the job for you & you can skip a lot of baby sitting the porridge – I guarantee! 😉
Moreover, an Instant Pot will make your Sweet Dalia way quicker than a regular pot on the stove top.
Give this recipe of Instant Pot Sweet Dalia a try. You never know, it might be your next favorite thing in the morning.
Check Out more Awesome Easy Recipes made in INSTANT POT (here) from Foodies Terminal.
How to make Cracked Wheat Porridge in Instant Pot – Video
Sweet Dalia in Instant Pot – This is why you should try this recipe
Instant Pot Sweet Dalia is –
- Super Easy
- Extremely Quick
- Very filling
- Very Satisfying
- Not Overly Sweet
Sweet Dalia Recipe Ingredients
You’ll need just 3 ingredients for today’s recipe.
- Dalia or Cracked Wheat : You’ll get this at any Indian grocery store in your area.
- Some kind of Sweetener: I used honey! But you may use white sugar, cane sugar, palm sugar, Maple syrup, agave nectar or jaggery. Feel free to use what you like & how much you like.
- Some Kind of liquid to cook: I used whole milk. But, if you are on dairy free diet swap the milk with almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk or rice milk. You may also cook it with only water.
- Ghee or butter: This is to roast the Dalia for better flavors. This ingredient is totally optional. You can omit this step & simply dry roast the Dali until fragrant. In today’s recipe I used ghee to roast the cracked wheat. And we love every bit of the ghee flavor.
2 Tips to make the best Sweet Dalia Recipe
- Roast the Dalia: This will give you the best flavors ever! Do not ever skip this step. I always keep my Cracked wheat dry roasted in an air tight jar for future use. I used the same for today’s recipe & roasted it again with ghee until fragrant. If you do not stock on dry roasted cracked wheat than directly roast them in ghee. It should take you some more time to reach that golden & fragrant stage. This is the only expert tip to make your Instant Pot cracked wheat porridge taste super awesome!
- Use warm or hot milk or any liquid (almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, rice milk or water): Using warm or hot liquid will help in quick pressure build up in the Instant Pot or a regular pressure cooker or even in a pot.
Instant Pot Cracked Wheat Porridge Ingredient Swaps
- If you are lactose intolerant or on a dairy free diet feel free to swap the milk with almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, rice milk or water.
- Swap the ghee with butter. Vegans may use Vegan butter.
- You may swap the honey from today’s Instant pot Sweet Dalia recipe with any sweetener of your choice like – white sugar, palm sugar, cane sugar, jaggery, maple syrup, agave nectar.
How long can you store Sweet Dalia in the fridge?
You can store Sweet Dalia in the fridge for 4 days in an air tight container.
It becomes a fantastic grab-n-go breakfast or snack when we store it in portion sized containers.
Instant Pot Sweet Dalia Topping Choices
You can choose your favorite seasonal fruits or berries as your cracked wheat porridge toppings.
You can also garnish this Instant Pot Sweet Dalia with raisins, dried cranberries & chopped nuts like almonds or pistachios.
How to serve Instant Pot Sweet Dalia?
Instant Pot Sweet Dalia makes a comforting & extremely filling breakfast that’s so light on the stomach. You can even serve it as a light dessert. 😉
If you have a bowl full of this cracked wheat porridge as your breakfast you can easily make it until lunch time without eating anything at all.
So, if you are on a weight-loss mission than this recipe is perfect for you because Dalia will satiate you enough & stop you from binge eating.
If you want to know more about the health benefits of Dalia check out my Instant Pot Daliya Khichdi Recipe.
Love Dalia? Check out this super EASY one-pot savory cracked wheat Porridge made in IP
How to make Sweet Dalia with Milk in Instant Pot?
Steps in words below pictures
How to make Sweet Dalia with milk?
- Gather the Ingredients
You’ll need only 3 or 4 ingredients for today’s Instant pot sweet Dalia recipe with milk. Dalia, some kind of liquid (I used milk) & some kind of sweetener (I used honey). I also used ghee to roast the Dalia, but, it’s totally optional.
- Roast the Dalia or cracked wheat
Set the Instant Pot to SAUTE on NORMAL. Add ghee about 2 tbsp when the ghee becomes moderately hot add the dalia or cracked wheat & saute well until fragrant & slightly golden. It should take you about 5 mins.
- Add the Liquid
Add warm liquid (water, soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, milk). Mix well. If you want sugar as your sweetener add it now and mix well.
- Pressure Cook
CANCEL the SAUTE mode in your Instant Pot. Close the lid of the IP & seal the valve to SEALING position. Press the PRESSURE COOK button & set it on HIGH for 5 mins. Do a QPR (Quick Pressure Release) after 5 mins.
- Mix in the Liquid sweetener
If you choose to use honey, agave or Maple syrup mix it now.
Serve hot or chilled. You may also top the cracked wheat porridge with seasonal fruits or chopped nuts Enjoy!
Sweet Dalia Recipe – FAQs
Follow the exact same recipe step by step to make Sweet Dalia in Pressure cooker. Replace the Instant Pot with a regular pressure cooker.
Roast the Dalia in the pressure cooker over medium heat. Add milk & pressure cook on medium heat for 3 whistles.
Let the pressure release naturally for 2-3 mins & than release the rest of the pressure. Mix in the liquid sweetener & serve right away.
To make sweet Dalia without milk follow the exact same recipe and replace the milk in the recipe with water. The rest of the recipe remains the same.
You can make it in stove top in a pot. Follow the same recipe and cook it in a deep bottomed saucepan or a pot instead of an instant pot.
Cook it over medium heat covered & stir it in regular intervals to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
It will take about 25-30 minutes for the Dalia to get fully cooked.
Follow the recipe mentioned here. Instead of adding honey as a sweetener add jaggery in step 5 (refer the step by step picture collage).
Grate the jaggery finely or you may process it in a food processor to make it into a powder. Than, add it to the porridge and mix well until the jaggery blends in well into the cracked wheat porridge.
Do turn of the HEAT before mixing in the jaggery. I would not recommend you to cook the porridge with the jaggery because it might split the milk.
Sweet Dali has 179 Kcal per serving.
Yes, sweet Dalia is a healthy choice.
If you choose to sweeten it with honey, agave or maple syrup it’s health quotient increases.
Some more Healthy & Easy Recipes from Foodies Terminal you don’t want to miss!
Sweet Dalia RecipePrint Recipe Pin Rate
Watch Recipe Video
- Set the Instant pot to SAUTE & keep it at NORMAL.
- Add ghee to the pot. When the ghee is moderately hot add the dalia and roast until fragrant. It should take you about 3 mins.
- Next, add the milk to the pot & mix everything well so that there are no lumps and no sticking Dalia in the bottom of the pot. If you plan to add sugar as the sweetener add it right now.
- Press the CANCEL button to cancel the SAUTE mode.
- Now, close the lid of the IP & place the valve to the SEALING position.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button & set the time for 5 mins on HIGH. You’ll get a slightly chewy Dalia. If you prefer softer mushy Dalia cook for another 3 mins at the same settings and also add 1/2 cup more milk.
- After 5 mins when the IP begins to beep press the CANCEL button & wait for natural pressure release for 2-3 mins & than release the rest of the pressure manually.
- Open the lid. Stir the dalia porridge add honey or maple syrup or agave nectar at this point & mix everything well. If you prefer runny porridge do add more warm milk at this point according to your preference & mix in.
- Serve warm or cold. You may garnish your bowl of cracked wheat porridge with seasonal fruits or chopped nuts. Enjoy!
- Milk SWAP ideas: You can use these in place of milk – almond milk, soy milk, rice milk or water. The ration remains the same so is the recipe.
- HONEY Swap ideas: You can use other sweeteners too. Pick your favorite & use it in this Instant Pot cracked wheat porridge recipe. Sugar, plam sugar, cane sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar, Jaggery.
- If using Jaggery Follow this: Use finely grated or powdered Jaggery & mix it to the porridge once it’s fully cooked. Stir well to mix. Do not add it to the milk while pressure cooking, the milk might split.
- If using SUGAR (any kind) follow this: Add the sugar after poruing in the warm milk. Mix everything well & than pressure cook the Sweet Dalia.
- JAGGERY: Using jaggery will change the color of your sweet dalia recipe. You’ll get a slightly beige brown porridge.
- PALM SUGAR: Palm sugar too will yeild a slightly creamish porridge.
- If you love slightly runnier porridge do add more milk according to your preference once the porridge is well cooked. Mix well.
- This recipe will give you a slightly CHEWY sweet dalia. We love it that way! But, if you prefer mushy & soft Dalia than do cook for more 3 mins at the same settings in your Instant Pot. Also, add 1/2 cup MORE MILK.
- Roasting in GHEE: It will give you the best flavors, no doubt about it! But, skip it by all means if you do not prefer ghee. Dry roast the Dalia in the Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot abbreviations used in today’s post: IP=Instant Pot, NPR=Natural Pressure Release, QPR=Quick Pressure Release.
- If you want some crunch in your Sweet Dalia Recipe do add some chopped or sliced seasonal fruits and chopped nuts. I added none!
- Where to buy Dalia? You can buy Dalia from any Indian grocery stores in your area or you can buy Cracked wheat from an American grocery stores or Amazon.
- Measuring Cup used, 1 cup = 240 ml & 1 teaspoon = 5 ml.
Pin it for Later!